Entertainment Partners is the largest provider of production management services in the entertainment industry. For 30 years, we have cultivated a commitment to excellence by viewing our clients truly as our Partners. We are located near the Burbank Airport and offer a casual work environment.
This DB2 DBA position has the responsibility for managing the database infrastructure at all EP locations. The DB2 DBA maintains our various databases by identifying requirements, solving problems, supporting users and assists systems administrators and other staff with database related activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES for DB2 Administrator:
- Provide maximum systems uptime
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up and recovery specifications
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommends optimum access techniques; coordinate installation requirements
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluate computer operating systems and hardware products
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking best practices and participate in professional organizations.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of database administration experience on Linux systems with DB2, storage DataStage, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing and developing robust ETL processes between heterogeneous systems
- Knowledge and experience working in a compliance environment
- Good understanding of database security, encryption, and strategies for protecting sensitive data
- Good understanding of data warehousing and BI, preferably with SAP Business Objects
- Expertise in data modeling, SQL and stored procedure development.
- Experience translating requirements to User Stories as part of an agile, cross-functional team.
- Experience documenting business processes, rules, states and workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team building skills.
Entertainment Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Entertainment Partners requires successful completion of pre-employment background check. We also offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurances, ESOP, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
Prospective candidates may apply by sending their resume, and salary requirement, to email@example.com.