Kentucky Interactive, a Frankfort-based subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV) is a company that helps Kentucky government entities Web-enable their information services.
An ideal candidate understands and has well-rounded experience meeting with clients, wireframing, user interface design, writing clean semantic code, and working with product managers and programmers for a successful launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, code and implement websites.
- Meet with clients and partners regarding website and application development.
- Architect and re-architect websites.
- Mockup and wireframe designs.
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices.
- Maintain and generate new ideas around the Kentucky.gov portal.
- Test websites and applications for accessibility and usability.
- Participate in preparing requirements and specification.
- Social media integration and utilization to meet partner needs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing and developing websites and applications.
- In-depth experience with HTML, CSS, JS, Responsive design and Mobile first thinking. Let’s talk HTML5 and CSS3!
- A high level of proficiency using Adobe products.
- A solid understanding of graphic and interactive design with a strong focus on usability and user experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to use business office products (Windows, Word, Excel, Acrobat, Outlook, etc...).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability.
- Strong implementation of 508 accessible designs and code. We partner with government agencies.
- A passion for the web and keeping up with usability, UX/UI research and semantic web concepts.
- A strong portfolio both visually and under the hood.
- You are a self-directed team player. You might be working solo on a project or part of a team.
- SharePoint 2007, 2010 or 2013 knowledge.
- Solid understanding of responsive design.
- Familiarity with HTML Frameworks.
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Relocation will not be provided for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
NIC is an equal opportunity employer.