SEND RESUME TO ACHOKSHI@CORE-TECHS.COM AND THEN CALL ME ON MY DIRECT LINE #973-588-9913.
Title: VB.NET/SQL Software Developer
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Duration: Contract for 1 year and then extension
-Self sufficient and comfortable working with a remote team
-Knowledge of key programming languages
Primary job responsibilities
This person will be responsible for working within an existing software development team supporting and extending our tool set related to data collection and analysis. This will primarily involve creating or extending Excel-based tools and stand-alone Windows executable tools under Visual Studio. Our programming platforms are primarily VB.NET under Visual Studio 10, VBA, and Java for the Android platform. Occasional work in other high-level languages such as C# may be required. The role will also involve working directly with relational databases via Microsoft Access and MySQL, and SQLite.
This person will be called upon to analyze data, help determine the appropriate structure for tools to automate the further analysis of data, and implement and test those tools for use both by the individual (i.e. sometimes we write tools in order to process data, where the deliverable is the data and not the tool) as well as by the consulting community (i.e. sometimes we write tools that the Analysts and Consultants will use, themselves). This person will develop a detailed understanding of the consulting business requirements on an ongoing basis, in order to better understand and predict the requirements of those teams.
Specific skills required
- A high level of fluency in the English language, both verbal and written is critical. Effective communication of complex topics and requirements is essential to job function.
- Technical Problem Solving skills. Debugging problems in our own tools as well as tools provided by others is essential, often based on incomplete information from our customers. The ability to methodically isolate root causes and define resolutions is critical.
- Ability to work independently. Candidates must be self-motivated, and able to effectively self-teach technical topics where necessary.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic technical environment. We operate on unstructured development cycles, generally short in duration, and without the luxury of a rigid team structure. The ability to help flesh out requirements, design/architect software solutions, implement and test those solutions in a fluid environment is critical.
- High Level Language experience, including object-oriented concepts. Ideally, this will include experience in Visual Basic for Applications and VB.NET. Alternatively, experience in another high-level object oriented language such as C# or Java may be acceptable (along with a willingness to learn VB.NET and VBA).
- Working knowledge of SQL, MySQL, and Microsoft Access is preferred. At a minimum, familiarity with RDBMS database concepts is required.
- High degree of Excel proficiency. Excel is the default data-analysis platform for the consulting community, and we routinely extend the capabilities of Excel in order to provide automated or advanced data analysis.
- Microsoft Excel skills at a 5 (expert) out of 5 (expert)
- Written communications skills at a 5 (expert) out of 5 (expert)
- Microsoft PowerPoint skills at a 3 (average) out of 5 (expert)
- Microsoft Visio skills at a 3 (average) out of 5 (expert)
- Microsoft Access skills at a 4 (very strong) out of 5 (expert)
- BA/BS degree required in Computer Science, Programming, or Computer Engineering.
Direct Line: 973-588-9913