Our Global Media Client is looking for a fulltime Senior Oracle DBA to join their Digital Team.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Design, plan and build solutions to standardize and automate our Oracle platform, configuration and administration procedures
- Perform Oracle database administration tasks include configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management
- Interface with developers, network, virtualization, storage and systems operations teams to resolve problems with applications and database systems
- Perform database deployments and provide support for application releases
- Maintain multiple RAC and Non-RAC databases running Oracle 11gR2 with Data Guard on virtualized RHEL platforms
- Understand software development initiatives and plan related database changes
- Cross-train and instruct other DBAs on specialized skills/training
- Provide Production support through on-call rotation. Pager duty is required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Requires at least 7 - 10 years experience administering Oracle databases.
- Deep knowledge of Oracle Database 11gR2 technologies
- Strong RAC/clustering experience, RMAN, and Data Guard experience required.
- Must be a hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DBA tasks such as backup/recovery, clustering/replication setup and automation.
- Ability to implement automation to reduce delivery-time of manual administrative tasks. Knowledge of scripting languages: BASH required. Python, Ruby, Perl a plus.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in UNIX and be able to administer Oracle databases running on RHEL.
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required.
- Must be able improve SQL performance results through use of explain plans.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet a plus.
- Self-starter and be able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction
- Knowledge of data quality, data management, security and data testing strategies and practices
- Strong Oral and written skills. Able to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Anticipate and handle critical situations.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, but flexible and collaborative work environment.