Our Global Media Client is looking for a fulltime Senior Oracle DBA to join their Digital Team.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for the ongoing automation and support of Oracle databases and related functionality, providing the highest possible performance, availability, and security.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic team of skilled DBAs and Systems Engineers who manage existing database installations, perform database deployments, plan enhancements, and drive value through standardization and automation.
- Performance of Oracle database administration tasks include configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management
- Maintenance of multiple databases running Oracle 11g on Linux platforms
- Provide Production support through on-call rotation. Pager duty is required
- Participate in database infrastructure design planning and implementation. Understand upcoming software development and plan related database-changes
- Cross-train and instruct other DBAs on specialized skills/training
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Requires 5-10 years experience in information technology, with at least 5 years experience managing Oracle databases
- Deep knowledge of Oracle Database 11g technologies
- Strong RAC/clustering experience, RMAN, and Data Guard experience required.
- Must be a hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DBA tasks such as backup/recovery, clustering/replication setup.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in UNIX and be able to administer Oracle databases running in CentOS RHEL.
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required.
- Must be able improve SQL performance results through use of explain plans.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers).
- Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks. Knowledge of scripting languages: BASH, Python, Ruby, Perl.