Studio B is looking for freelance SME/developer writers to write in-depth how-to articles about Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 application development on Intel Ultrabooks (and other Intel-Architecture Devices/ Tablets). Articles will be approximately 2000 words in length for a developer-level/ engineer-level technical audience, and are expected to be "nuts & bolts" in nature. Topics include:
- Win8 touch enabled apps in Java [Desktop, then Store]
- Win8 sensor enabled apps in Java [Desktop, then Store]
- Developing and Adapting Apps for Win 8.1
- What is different when developing apps for 8.1 vs. 8 - especially as it applies to apps that utilize touch and sensor capabilities
- What do you need to do to your Win 8 apps for them to work on 8.1 - especially as it applies to touch and sensor
- Designing apps and software so that they work seamlessly across the range of Intel-Architecture devices available such as Ultrabooks (several brands), Tablets (Acer, ASUS, Lenovo - with IA), and Convertibles (Sony, Dell - with IA) - NOT including smartphones at this time because there are currently no IA smartphones available in the US. Making apps cross-platform from a hardware perspective (likely should include devices running both Windows and Android).
Candidates must also be Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the target area and must have good developer skills, ability to create original code and/or examples and downloads for readers to learn about and utilize the concepts relating to the topic. Professional writing experience is not required, but is a plus. However, since this is a writing opportunity, candidates do need to provide sufficient writing samples that demonstrate good writing skills.**Articles will be hands-on, how-to, "nuts and bolts" style for a developer audience.
If you would be interested in more information, please apply now with your resume and writing samples.
NO PHONE CALLS! If you have questions about this opportunity, please include them in your application email through Dice and we will get back to you as soon as we are able. Our operator is instructed to refer all callers back to Dice to apply per directions above.
**DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY! No third party recruiters. Resumes or inquiries sent by third party recruiters or representatives will not be considered.