Urgent Requirement with our DIRECT Client
J2EE/Websphere Infrastructure Architect
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review project requests describing user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
• Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems
• Define how technology and applications should be structured in order to align with business plans.
• Work closely with Application Architects to determine the most effective design
• Evaluate modern and emerging technologies to identify the impact on the business
• Provide information needed to assess the risk of production deployment of a business critical application: installation and configuration readiness, performance and scalability evaluation, stability and durability evaluation, and best practices procedures.
• Assess the processes that will be used to operate, support and maintain the Enterprise implementation(s). Refine the deployment process and architecture so that it will easily scale to fit into an enterprise scope.
• Assist in determining overall hardware and software configuration along with capacity projections and planning for future support of growing operations.
• Needs to be extensible to changing platform requirements or other advancements in the distributed computing model.
• Assist in determining Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), for immediate needs/deployments, and enterprise SLA’s to support ongoing operations, if any.
• Develop performance, scalability, and durability evaluations and monitoring for load testing and real time.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
• Expert knowledge in networking, load balancing, Unix, LDAP, storage, and databases solutions
• Strong experience with SOA, JEE, JMS, JDBC and other middleware standards
• Experience on designing and implementing highly available solutions for mission critical applications.
• Must have a solid understanding of various virtualization technologies
• Must be able to document solutions for various audiences
• 10+ years’ experience required