Established in 1990, Citadel is a leading global financial institution with over 1,200 employees globally. Citadel serves a diversified client base through its offices in the world's major financial centers including Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong and San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.citadelgroup.com.
Position: C# Software Developer (3-5 years of experience)
The Front Office Software Developer will work closely with members of trading desks and other members of the Technology teams to develop best in class desktop trading applications. This individual is expected to provide technical expertise to support, enhance, and refresh existing and new trading desktop applications. (S)he must demonstrate ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner. The role will utilize C#/.Net, object-oriented analysis, design, and programming to develop robust, flexible software solutions. Focus will be on developing reusable high performance trading clients.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing trading applications.
- Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
- Responsible for guiding and implementing team, firm, and industry architectural standards.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with trading desk, level 1 support, and peer technology teams.
- Provide day-to-day level 2 application support for multiple trading applications and infrastructure globally.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle including agile principles, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- 3+ years experience in C#/.Net WPF Especially. NET Framework 4.0.
- 3+ years experience in multi-threaded and desktop trading trading applications.
- 2+ years experience in Capital Markets and knowledge of financial products (Fixed Income, Derivatives, Equities, Rates, etc.…)
- Solid understanding of the Windows API and UI subsystems.
- Experience with realtime or near-realtime high volume trading systems systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of SQL, PERL or other scripting languages. Sybase experience is a plus.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.
**Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies**
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org