Kiva Systems was recently acquired by Amazon.com and we are continuing to experience high growth. Kiva Systems, Inc. uses game-changing automation technology for distribution centers that helps companies simplify operations and reduce costs while increasing strategic flexibility. Using hundreds of autonomous mobile robots and sophisticated control software, the Kiva Mobile-robotic Fulfillment System enables extremely fast cycle times with reduced labor requirements, from receiving to picking to shipping. Visit our website at www.kivasystems.com.
The Kiva software team is developing a complex material handling software application for deployment in large-scale customer factory solutions. The fault-tolerant and scalable server-based application consists of many modules and user interfaces running across a set of client PCs. The application includes a high-performance, real-time database and is used for the control of semi-autonomous mobile robotic vehicles.
Kiva is seeking a talented and motivated engineer to join our Performance Profiling team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience working with relational databases and analyzing the performance of enterprise systems, and a strong statistical background will really help take our analysis of system performance to the next level. Exposure to the material handling industry is a strong plus.
You will join a small team responsible for developing a platform for emulation of the entire Kiva material handling system. This platform runs real pre-production software, and aims to quantify the performance of the system at scale. You would be responsible for managing the emulator, analyzing results, and improving the reporting framework within the platform. You will discover and implement exciting new ways of understanding system performance.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS Degree in engineering or science, advanced degree desirable
- In-depth understanding of virtual machine hardware and resource utilization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience writing SQL against relational databases strongly preferred
- Experience generating reports in an enterprise environment strongly preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis strongly preferred
- Interest and experience designing experiments
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Programming experience in Python highly desired