Are you a software rock star? Do you have the chops to back it up? Do you take pride and ownership in everything you do? Can you juggle flaming bricks while delivering software successfully on time? If so, we would like to hear from you!
What do we expect?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software development
- Direct, hands-on work in application architecture and UI design
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Strong foundation in Java/C++ or other object-oriented language
- Knowledge of design patterns
- A proven track record of delivering client/server technology
Want bonus points? Impress us even further with these items:
- Game development experience
- Recent web-based UI work or mobile development
- Full-stack development
- Troubleshooting and solving customer issues or problems
- Usability experience
- Understanding of databases and SQL
What should you expect?
- End-to-end ownership of projects and features
- Deploying quality software at an agile pace to Amazon fulfillment centers worldwide
- Collaborating with several teams within the company
- Working with technologies such as Java, Android, Spring, JAX-RS, SOA, and REST
- Improving the user experience of our applications
- Joining a team that thinks big, is innovative, customer-focused, driven by results, and has a good time doing it
Who is Kiva? What do we do?
Kiva Systems LLC is looking for an experienced Application Developer with a passion for User Interface work and a solid understanding of Core Java and multi-tier application layers. In this role you will act as a subject matter expert and support inquiries from external teams, and collaborate cross functionally to define clear requirements, deliverables, and test cases.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, using game changing for distribution centers. Our fleet of autonomous mobile robots and sophisticated control software enables extremely fast cycle times with reduced labor requirements, from receiving to picking to shipping. We help create fulfillment centers that are quick and low-cost to set up, inexpensive to operate, and easy to change anywhere in the world.
Want to be a part of something big? Want to work on something that will change the world? You can be a part of it all.