A Best Place to Work, a Great Place to Be
Commonwealth Financial Network is the largest, privately held independent broker/dealer in the United States, with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been helping our field force of independent financial professionals help investors pursue their financial goals. We do that by providing them with the technology, research, resources, and support that allow them to keep their focus on what’s most important: investors and their financial objectives.
Commonwealth recognizes that our people are our greatest asset by investing in training and professional development. As a result, Commonwealth has been recognized 25 times (and counting) as one of the Best Places to Work by top publications in the region (Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal, San Diego Union-Tribune), as well as in the IT industry (Computerworld). With high marks in areas such as work environment, work/life balance, job satisfaction, and opportunities for advancement, Commonwealth is a place where you can thrive.
.NET, AJAX, Sencha, jQuery Mobile, SQL, SOA. Come do it all, from soup to nuts, in an environment that values your opinion and prides itself on getting things done. Get away from the bureaucracy of a large company and be a part of our talented team of 15 .NET developers. We're just the right size for you to have an impact, yet we've got the support of a 500-person privately owned company with a track record of success. Common sense prevails as we try to do the right thing every day, have fun, and build the best possible web applications for our financial advisors.We develop and maintain a large private website, COMMunity Link, accessed by more than 3,000 financial advisors and their staff every day. Within that site, we have built numerous tools for our advisors to open new accounts, monitor trades, calculate investment returns, rebalance portfolios, view market research, and much, much more. Another private site, Investor360°, allows the clients of our advisors to view their personal investments. CRM, document imaging, and workflow systems are integrated into our offerings via the code we write. We also build tools for internal departments accessed via our company intranet. A mobile version of COMMunityLink has been rolled out and Investor360° for mobile devices is in the works.
In this role, you will benefit from collaborating with an experienced team from varied background—and we will get better from the knowledge you bring to us. Commonwealth has consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in numerous surveys, including Computerworld's list of the top 100 places to work in IT. Our firm is committed to technology and wants to be the best at what we do. Bring your passion and come to work at a place that values your talents!
As a mobile developer, your responsibilities would include:
- Participating in all phases of development, from estimates to design, coding, and release
- Performing code reviews, learning from your peers, and sharing your knowledge with them in a positive, friendly way
- Interfacing with our in-house QA team to resolve bugs and issues
- Working with our user interface team to build the most aesthetically pleasing and functional tools possible
- Meeting with business analysts and users to create the best possible product for our clients
The ideal candidate would also meet the following requirements:
- Experience building mobile web, hybrid, and native iOS and Android applications
- Programming experience in Sencha Touch, ExtJS, ASP.NET MVC, and Web.API
- Practical experience packaging web applications using PhoneGap/Cordova technologies
- Experience with SQL/relational databases
- Knowledge of object-oriented coding techniques
- Comfortable working with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Experience in the financial sector a plus
If you’re a true team player with a positive attitude and a radar-like focus on customer issues—and your background matches our requirements for this position—we would like to hear from you.
Commonwealth Financial Network is an equal opportunity employer.