We are hiring a Perl Softare Developer for a telecommute or on-site opportunity.
Grant Street Group is a growing software company in downtown Pittsburgh. We use open source software and modern Perl practices to build custom hosted web applications. We create web-based electronic payment systems, auctions, and tax collection systems for banks, financial companies, and state and local governments.
We have been hiring great Perl developers for many years, and we want to further expand our distributed team of 25+ talented and friendly developers. We are interested in contract, contract-to-hire or permanent hires. Most of our developers telecommute; on-site positions are also available.
Experience with Amazon Web Services and Free Open Source Software is a plus.
Required skills and experience:
* Expert Perl programming experience
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Far above average coding skills
* Expertise in relational databases and SQL
* Excellent grades and a track record of success
Here are just some of the tools & approaches we use. Experience with any of them is helpful:
* MySQL, ORMs (DBIx::Class, Class::DBI)
* git, Subversion
* jQuery, Ajax
* Modern Perl (Moose, Catalyst)
* Numerical and financial calculations
* Large-scale production Web environments (FastCGI, nginx)
* Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS)
* Amazon Web Services
* Messaging frameworks (rabbitmq, 0mq)
For more information: www.grantstreet.com
Grant Street Group's culture reflects an emphasis on teamwork, high standards, individual responsibility, and work/family balance.
Grant Street Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, religion or national origin.
If interested, apply online at https://apply.hrmdirect.com/resumedirect/ApplyOnline/Apply.aspx?req_id=enc-15.668755005356687&source=106686-CS-1444