Position Title: Senior Java Middle Tier Software Developer for Call Platform
The Sr. Java Middleware Software Developer contributes to all facets of the development, maintenance, and support of SECURUS Call Platform and integration with third party systems and applications, with strong emphasis on the analysis of business requirements and written communication of technical design.
(This is not a web development position)
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required to meet the responsibility for inter-team communication of technical and interface specifications. Participation in peer reviews of code and documents prepared for the release of the product is required. On-call support and problem resolution of production systems will be required.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables
- Analyze business requirements and estimate level of effort
- Develop technical requirements and interface specifications
- Write code
- Perform Unit and Integration testing
- Deploy in Pre-Production and Production
- Own major technical component of a project
- Collaborate with Product Management, Q/A, and Production Support to meet requirements and work within existing architecture to provide the best technical solution.
- Become subject matter expert for development and support of all centralized applications including, but not limited to
- Call Processing
- Collect/Prepaid Calling
- Recording & Monitoring
- Voice Messaging and Integration of 3rd Party Applications.
- Ensure Highest Availability of Revenue impacting application such as Centralized Call Platform.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 years of development experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Java Developer.
- Ability to work with very diverse team.
- Ability to take total ownership of assigned components.
- Team Player and a self-starter.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability and willingness to pick up and learn new technologies and build prototypes to demonstrate.
- Ability to understand existing Architecture and work within the Architecture.
- Development experience of IVR Application such as Call Center, Outbound IVR, etc.
Expertise in following skills:
- Multi-threaded high performance applications
- Servlets, JSP
- Eclipse IDE
- Web Services
- Subversion, Maven, Ant