Sr Database Administrator
The Sr. DBA is responsible for defining and maintaining the data architecture for all ARGO solutions in support of its strategic objectives. The Sr. DBA is responsible for the management, oversight, definition, and integration strategy for ARGO’s data assets. Data assets include OLTP and OLAP databases, data integration components, and data retrieval methods.
This position works in conjunction with all lines of business and is a customer facing position. The Sr. DBA will manages multiple competing priorities and deadlines, researches and resolves all performance-related issues and acts as a consultant and SME for both internal and external customers.
- Provide technical leadership in database technologies for internal application development, client implementation projects and client production support.
- Will be responsible for administering multiple database types (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2) across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux).
- Must have experience in problem diagnosis and resolution, database automation and a working knowledge of operating systems.
- Hands on day to day maintenance of development databases across multiple database technologies for multiple development teams.
- Define data integration strategy for multiple data sources including customer data and 3rd party data. This includes defining the ARGO strategy for exposing data for external usage
- Define data reporting strategy for ad hoc, real-time, and offline reporting
- Define strategy for data security and auditing for ARGO line of business applications
- Define data extensibility and backwards compatibility strategy for line of business applications
- Define system of record and archive strategy for customers and line of business applications
- Develop best practices and standards for various databases solutions as part of the database engineering team. Owns data structures and dictionaries for the organization
- Translate business strategy into execution plans
- Manage, create and maintain ARGO’s database collateral, including data models, database releases.
- Define and execute training for employees and customers on data strategy and management
- Develop solutions for backup and recovery, cloning, patching, high availability, monitoring, upgrades and migrations.
- Works with business analysts, product managers and senior management in the definition, creation and design of existing and new products and works with the sales and customer support/helpdesk teams as requested.
- Enforce database change control standards with assigned teams.
- Writes, debugs and tests complicated SQL constructs and queries.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as required.
- Ensures compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ensures compliance with ARGO policies and procedures.
- This position works across all company lines of business with both internal and external customers in a high-visibility position and requires the ability, diplomacy and soft skills to work with and report to all levels internally and externally, including interacting with senior ARGO and customer staff.
- Vendor-certified in one or major database platforms is a plus
- Must be able to accurately and effectively translate business and logical requirements to physical database models and designs.
- Expert-level database tuning knowledge and capabilities are required for this position.
- Deep architectural knowledge in designing highly scalable cross-platform database solutions for enterprise clients.
- Understands the significance of data quality and audit procedures and can implement data quality and audit procedures across line of business products.
- Delivers accurate project timelines and estimates for development projects.
- Able to analyze large data sets and evaluate data anomalies.
- Assists the database and B.I. manager in technical interviews and helps evaluate job applicants for departmental openings.
- Should have experience designing, developing and supporting high volume transactional solutions for Tier 1 institutions.
- Experience in Database engineering projects and Production Support.
- Experience with remote disaster recovery and business continuance sites
- Windows Clustering as it relates to SQL
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of deep technical experience in database design, architecture, and enterprise application integration is required. Candidate must have proven design and development expertise working in enterprise database development.
- Can create deliverables for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with Business Intelligence practices and processes, familiarity with data mart and data warehouse design and implementation is required.
- Knowledge of the financial industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or CIS, or equivalent work experience required.
- MS SQL Server (MCSA / MCSE) certification preferred.
ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.