ProQuest is seeking a Senior User Interface Developer.
Implement user interfaces to help people access Internet-based research applications easily and effectively. As a member of the application development team, work closely with internal business leads to accomplish their product and business objectives, and with the platform management staff to understand and implement UI requirements while working within technical constraints. Additionally, optimize the efficiency of design implementations. Specialized in the implementation of User Interface Designs.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Knowledge of multiple device implementations
- Knowledge of cross-browser implementation issues
- Knowledge of coding for accessibility
- Knowledge of visual design principles
- Under direction, uses and applies principles, processes and experience to complete, implement and assist with activities and projects
- Resolves problems with limited supervision
- Proactively identifies and documents needs for changes and requirements
- Expertise in a particular design area (e.g. accessibility, localization, usability, search, implementation, visual design)
- Provide mentorship to less experienced team members
- Lead smaller projects to successful implementation
What you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of experience with Web technologies as well as the software product development processes
- Bachelors Degree in one of the following areas or a related field - Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, Visual Communications
- Proven experience of implementing user interface designs
- Mastery of web software coding, design and test methods
- Knowledge of industry standard graphic software and Wireframing software
- Fluency in information architecture, user interface development, and interaction design principles
- Minimum 2 years of experience delivering projects on or ahead of schedule
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Writing functional / detailed design/ architectural specifications based on user and/or system requirements
- Capable of functioning independently and as part of a team
- Effective execution working in a distributed team model, including successful consensus-building and managing complex interdependencies
- Working in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of ProQuest product lines
- Experience in multiple device development
- Experience in cross browser development
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and skills
- 7+ years of industry experience in user interface development, web development, or a closely related field
Heres what you want to know about ProQuest:
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Restaurants all around, within walking distance to Briarwood Mall, and approximately 3 miles from Downtown Ann Arbor.
Great benefits: On-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs, plus Bike to work benefits.
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and unlimited complimentary coffee and tea for the caffeine craved
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, along with being voted as one of the Top Places to Work by Detroit Free Press, three years in a row!
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share contentaccelerating research productivity.
If this position isnt quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our Career page under About Us. ProQuests corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
See Job Description