ProQuest seeks a Sr. Front-End Engineer.
Look no further! ProQuest's division that develops tools for academic researchers is looking for an amazing Interaction (FrontEnd) Engineer. This is a position in a small, solid product development team. You'll report to our Development Director, but in practice you'll answer mostly to your teammates and product owners. We work in small teams, agile with kanban influences.
Still interested? Read on...
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Turn ideas and sketches and interaction designs into moving, breathing prototypes and production code
- Incorporate/translate visual design styles into the applications
- Collaborate with visual designers and application developers in an iterative, fact-paced environment to build amazing user experience
- Integrate server-side code into front-end interfaces
- Work with an upbeat, talented, slightly quirky team
- When not in NYC or San Diego: work virtually, lots of Skype, chat, and screen-sharing
What you need to be successful:
- Must have good hands-on experience with Ajax-heavy web apps and with mobile web apps
- Ace at browser-based prototyping. Whisperer of the languages of the web. Intimate knowledge of cross-browser challenges
- Capable of writing basic server-side code in Ruby, Python, Node/coffeescript, or Scala
- Strong communicator and collaborator who can effectively work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment with remote team members
- Comfortable working with Mac and GitHub
- Big plus to have an eye for visual design: alignment, spacing, form, space, color and typography
Heres what you want to know about ProQuest:
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Great benefits: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, flexible scheduling and wellness programs, education assistance and even Pet Insurance!
Amazing company: Ranked 65th in the nations most innovative users of business technology in 2011, ProQuest earned many other awards last year, including the CODiE award for Best Enterprise Search Solution, EContent 100 list of companies that matter most in the digital content industry, and also voted Top Places to work by The Detroit Free Press, for the third year in a row!
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share contentaccelerating research productivity.
If this position isnt quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our Career page under About Us. ProQuests corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com, www.ebrary.com, www.Serialssolutions.com, www.Bowker.com
ProQuest and all its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination of any kind.
See Job Description