9 month with potential to hire
Sr Systems/Network Engineer
9 months with potential hire
Saint Paul, MN
The Sr. Systems/Network Engineer provides and maintains an IT infrastructure that enables the business to operate effectively and to secure and protect the IT assets. The position is responsible to design, test, document, implement, troubleshoot, secure and maintain the IT LAN/WAN, workstation and Server resources.
- Provide leadership and direction to other members of the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Consult with the IT Leadership Team to understand the Technical Architecture to be used for the IT Infrastructure.
- Analyze the technical architecture and provide direction in the definition/maintenance of the IT Infrastructure.
- Coordinate with vendors to solve computer, network and telephone system issues.
- Provide on-call support for network and phone systems on a rotating basis.
- Develop, monitor and enforce all SOP’s relating to Electronic Data, Network and PC Security at all levels including the Network Domain level.
- Maintain and operate the required Data Backup processes and procedures.
- Plan, install and maintain all Internet Service Provider, local area and wide area data network hardware, software and wiring/circuit services.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain the PC Servers, both hardware and software used to store all company Electronic Data and to provide Application Systems production processing.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to questions, concerns etc from other IT Team, Client, and Business Users regarding errors, problems, or questions about IT Infrastructure components.
- Monitor security advisory groups to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches, and preventative measures are in place.
- Monitor systems security and respond to security incidents ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Formulate and recommend security policies and procedures to minimize security weaknesses.
- Perform security audits, risk assessments, and analysis and make recommendations for enhancing data systems security.
Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and MIS experience
- A minimum of five years related experience.
- Five years Microsoft network administration experience.
- Five years’ experience installing and maintaining Windows 2000+ Servers.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies.
- Experience with Exchange Server.
- Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve with the technologies best suited for the problem.
- Proven ability to design, install and maintain server hardware and software, as well as Ethernet LAN and MS Group Policy security environments.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), MCSE preferred