Must be local to MN
12+ Month Contract
*upon offer, candidates must complete background check and drug test*
This is a night shift position. Contractor will be working from the Woodbury Datacenter hours: 6am – 6pm Fri, Sat and Sunday.(36+ hours) Work will be three 12 hour shifts per week, Mon-Wed or Thu-Sat, 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM plus every third Sunday. CTH potential here.
Managers Notes: Contractor will be working in a Command Center environment and be responsible for ensuring IT systems are operational. Effectively work in a Global Command Center environment responsible for identifying and resolving technical issues. Part of a team focused on ensuring production uptime at an enterprise scale.
Primary responsibility is for scheduling, processing and monitoring of the batch schedule in UNIX, Windows, and SAP environments (R/3 and BW), including monitoring this highly available environment and its associated systems. Troubleshoots computer hardware, software and network; troubleshoots first and many second level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-platform environment to ensure business processing needs are met. In addition, ideal candidate will have experience supporting one or more of the following: Network Operations, Unix, and Windows servers, with the ability to identify root cause of issues and influence our ability to prevent reoccurring issues.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as part of a Global Command Center operation, including UNIX and Windows servers, global networking, and enterprise applications including SAP.
- Analyzes and monitors a production batch job schedule to prevent and/or assist with resolution of application processing problems.
- Executes each process according to production schedules and works with operational tools (i.e. Tivoli Workload Scheduler, change control, etc.) to ensure quality job processing.
- Ensures all pre-processing, job-processing, and post-processing deadlines are met.
- Monitors the status of, and recognizes when problems occur with, all computer systems and networks.
- Refers to flowcharts and other process documentation to determine the cause of a problem.
- Provides support for Windows servers, including installing and configuring systems, applying operating system patches and upgrades, and troubleshooting issues.
- Performs hardware upgrades as required. Configures CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Trouble shoots and takes the necessary corrective action for level one and level two problems in order to resume production processing.
- Performs quality assurance steps on all computer processing activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Performs successfully and provides mentorship to Computer Operators in a high availability, highly integrated computing environment serving the business processing needs.
- Completes all logs and reports necessary for effective Data Center operations.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate personnel during shift turn over or during problem situations.
- Responsible for ensuring proper processes are followed regarding physical access to the data center