Analog/Digital Interface Verification Engineer
This position requires gaining an understanding of overall chip functionality, creation of Spice level (Eldo or Hspice simulators) test benches for simulation of analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, schematic maintenance (Laker ADP or Cadence Composer), ability to create analog behavioral models, some skill in writing Verilog code, and simulation of the RTL and physical implementation.
• Mixed signal IC circuit verification.
• Mixed signal functional verification using Verilog and behavioral models with structural netlists.
• Scripting of netlist extraction, behavioral model insertion, results extraction, ‘make’ and build functions.
• Schematic maintenance.
• Bench validation.
• 3 years minimum experience in mixed-signal IC design verification, including Verilog coding, analog behavioral model creation, and both functional and interface timing simulation.
• Proven track record at each of the following stages in product development:
o Ability to quickly review and understand complex mixed-signal architectures for the purpose of testing top level chip functionality and interface timing.
o Solid experience in simulating complex mixed-signal systems at the Spice level (Eldo or Hspice simulators) and verifying the interface between custom analog and digital place & route designs.
o Schematic entry in an industry standard tool environment such as Laker ADP or Cadence Composer.
o Ability to create behavioral models for standard analog building blocks such as ADCs, DACs, variable gain amplifiers.
o Complete understanding of all the potential hazards in analog/digital interface timing and how to identify and correct problems.
Additional Preferred Skills
• Ability to design targeted digital circuits used in analog mixed-signal designs such as decoders, clock trees, and registers.
• Ability to design basic analog building blocks such as amplifiers, comparators, voltage regulators, timing circuits, etc.
Mountain View, CA
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.