iDirectis dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals.
We are seeking an innovative and creative Technical Manager for a back-end engineering team who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. A successful candidate must have a proven track record in team building, hiring best talent, experience in development or architecture of complex systems, good facilitation skills to coordinate the technical team, clear understanding of software development life cycle, and must have demonstrated experience in motivating high performance technical team. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team, and the very latest technology, then this is the job for you!
- Monitoring and tracking performance
- Setting individual goals and themes
- Follow progress throughout the year
- Perform end of year reviews
- Regular status tracking
- Resource allocation
- Weekly status reports
- Inter group interaction
- Working with the Project Management group to plan projects and to act as a liaison between engineering staff and Project Managers.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our technical support team.
- Team construction
- Hiring and retaining employees to build and maintain a team
- Mentor junior developers
- Hold regular one on one meetings and team meetings with all reports
- Plan and coordinate team building and socializing events
- Identify training needs and opportunities
- Manage team shared resources
- Process improvement
- Communicate and enforce iDirect engineering process
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience building and leading a technical team
- Experience presenting to an audience
- Flexibility, dedication and self-motivation
- C++, POSIX, SQL, Socket Programming, Inter-process communication (IPC)
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with a POSIX operating system, such as Linux or BSD.
- Experiences with Distributed/Multi-Tier programming and IPC is a plus.