iDirect is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals.
We are seeking an innovative and creative Associate Test Engineer who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication skills, great problem solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team, and the very latest technology, then this is the job for you!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and document comprehensive test plans for all iDirect products.
- Coordinate and participate in system level testing activities including test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Perform setup of test scenarios, both hardware and software components, and perform troubleshooting as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend third-party test tools and other software/hardware products to aid in the system test effort.
- Attend and participate in system-level design meetings in order to address testing issues early in the software development process.
- Create testing tools and scripts as needed to support system level testing activities.
- Provide training and support as required to operations staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: BA/BS from accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science or closely related field.
Experience: This is an entry level job, therefore 2 or less years of experience is expected.
The individual should be:
- Familiar with the testing of IP based products regarding Layer 2 and Layer 3 applications.
- Familiar with testing client-server applications running on Linux based machines.
- Familiar with IP networking and routing protocols.
- In addition, being familiar with database operation, switching, VOIP and or RF / satellite technology is a plus.
- Spirent and/or Ixia traffic generators for IP based traffic, Perl, QTP, and TCL/TK regarding automation.
The individual should have strong communications skills and also be a team player. The SQA skills desired include experience in developing system test plans, assisting in project planning, defect management, experience with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and or quality management skills regarding CMM, Six Sigma or related methodologies.