Job Description: Leverage Point Corporation, a cutting edge consulting organization with a singular focus on software quality, is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager for a direct position with our client, a pioneering developer of real-time enterprise level cyber-threat detection products. The QA Manager will be responsible for determining the technical direction of organizational quality initiatives and building and managing a mixed on-shore/off-shore team of QA Engineers and Analysts.
- Assessing and directing the organizations overall product quality efforts including QA process and methodology and defining the overall quality approach and strategy.
- Assessing technical alternatives for improving the efficiency of testing and the quality team as a whole, determining direction and implementing solutions.
- Managing the work of an offshore test team of approximately 8 people.
- Ownership and management of the defect tracking process and lifecycle.
- Oversight of the implementation and use of functional and performance test automation tools and processes.
- Overall project planning including resource planning, establishing timelines, setting priorities and assigning work.
- Reviewing test artifacts for completeness and correctness and developing the skills and capabilities of individual team members.
- Effectively communicating project status, risks and mitigation strategies to management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A depth of technical understanding of software code and object oriented application development principles is highly important.
- 10+ years of QA experience, including 4+ years experience in managing QA projects including experience in complete quality delivery from requirements analysis through delivery to production.
- 4+ years of experience in the testing of technically complex software solutions at the kernel level.
- Related experience with cyber-security, cyber-threat detection and/or cyber-forensics products is strongly desirable.
- Well versed in Big Data related quality assurance concepts and challenges.
- Strong experience as the organizational advocate for quality in an agile development environment.
- Direct experience in managing an offshore testing team including on-boarding, skill development, work review, assignment/tracking of tasks and communication planning.
- In-depth understanding of the software development life-cycle process (SDLC) and the effective integration of the quality assurance life-cycle.
- Expertise in the latest best practices of testing and test automation for both functional and performance testing.
- Strong management skills including communication, organization, visioning and leading teams.
- Experience in human resource management and the ability to raise the skill level of the team to meet the needs of the project.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.