GlobalNet Services, Inc. (GNSI) is an award winning Information Technology firm that is seeking an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The CTO will bring to the team solid experience in driving the technical map and strategic vision for the Company. This role requires a CTO that can think strategically and operate tactically to drive and deliver on the technical vision. The CTO provides formal supervision and coaching for the Architectural, Application Development, Security and Infrastructure and Operations functions and sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of GNSI policies, standards, and procedures. The CTO is expected to demonstrate significant depth and breadth of leadership and vast technology expertise to establish strategic direction and develop strategic relationships. The CTO is expected to achieve continuous improvement in technology management practices that result in lower cost and more agile service delivery.
- Manage a large, complex IT environment and uphold best-in-class standards
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, which includes fostering innovation, organizing and planning projects
- Ensure the security and protection of GNSI’s corporate information systems and equipment
- Accountable for design and successful execution of high availability and application recoverability
- Drive business growth through better use of technology
- Responsible for technology strategy, architecture vision, integration and problem solving on an enterprise level to cultivate and drive innovation across GNSI
- Serve as the technical point of contact for customers and accounts in situations where a high level perspective is required on the strategic direction
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs
- Direct strategy to migrate from “brick and mortar" data center management to cloud based services
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Define roadmap for new technology implementations and communicate to key business stakeholders
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating network systems, equipment, software, cloud services and other technologies
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Act as primary liaison for the enterprise technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner
- Develop, track, and control the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Oversee the planning, development and maintenance of policies, standards and processes for IT Operations, including network, enterprise computing, information security, and hardware
- Strong experience with agile software development techniques
- Hands-on experience developing schedules, budgets, quality goals and contingency plans and then gaining buy-in from peers in the execution and delivery of them
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in a broad spectrum of technology areas
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmap
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest advances in technology, communication systems, software and industry relating to high availability information systems
- Strong organizational skills aligning a team behind both a long term strategy and short term strategy
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management, or related field
- 15+ years’ experience, with 7+ years in a Director/Senior Executive role
- Well-versed in strategic planning processes and implementation
- Strong ability to provide direction for an IT services organization with varied customers and clients within the organization
- Communicate effectively in all situations and create an environment of open and effective communication
- Able to communicate a compelling vision
- Experience designing for mobile a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, decentralized environment
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects in a compressed timeline, with competing priorities
Working at GNSI:
We offer our employees comprehensive benefits that respond to their growing needs.
Some of our benefits include:
- Medical Benefits (HMO, POS, PPO)
- Connect Your Care Credit Card (to pay for deductible)
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical/Dental/Vision and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Roth 401(k)
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Weekly Fresh Fruit
And much more. Please click on the following link for a full list of benefits.
We believe it is equally important to maintain a work environment that encourages fun!
Some recent company sponsored events:
- Wii Competitions (bowling, tennis, and golf)
- Foosball Competition
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations
- Company Picnics
- Company Holiday Celebrations
At GNSI, our people are our most important competitive advantage. We know that our highly skilled work force is vital to our present and future success.
GNSI’s commitment to diversity permeates our entire organization, which encourage us to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas. The diversity of our people has been and will continue to be one of the keys to GNSI’s success.
Local applicants please (relocation expenses are not included). No faxes or calls. Please upload resume as a Word file or PDF. Other formats will not be reviewed or considered. Thank you!
GlobalNet Services, Inc. (GNSI), a dynamic Information Technology company located in Rockville, MD. The City of Rockville has been named among the Top 100 Best Places to Live, ranking No. 31 in the August 2010 edition of Money Magazine. Rockville was chosen as one of America's best small cities for families because of its recently rebuilt downtown, economic stability and great schools. In addition to the Money Magazine designation, Rockville also was selected as an Editors Pick in U.S. News and World Report, which recently released its America's Best Places 2010 list. The City of Rockville is a 13-square-mile city with a population of about 61,000 and is located 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.