An innovative and dynamic IT company is seeking a Google Support/Implementation Engineer.
The candidate will be responsible for providing support in systems implementation, customization, installation, configuration, network setup, diagnosis, and resolution of support for our clients for the Google Search Appliance, Google maps and other Google Enterprise products.
Occasional travel to customer sites for implementation may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team in implementing, configuring, and developing search solutions.
- Adept at content crawling and indexing configurations.
- Develop applications/connectors to crawl content not natively supported by Google Search appliance.
- Integrate with secure/access-controlled content.
- CMS and application integrations.
- Relevancy tuning and functions to improve user experience.
- Hands-on experience with Web-related standards, such as HTTP, XHTML, CSS, XML, and XSLT.
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLServer) required.
- Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based applications, Web servers, and security mechanisms.
- Understanding of basic network administration.
- Experience with developing training materials and documentation development is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Web-based security standards (cookie-based SSO, Kerberos, NTLM, and HTTP Basic) is a plus.
- Outstanding account management, follow-through, and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills with the ability to work in a variety of customer situations.
- Past experience with network administration technical support is a plus.
- Past experience and understanding of search technologies is a plus.
- Past experience with COTs/GOTs products implantation and integration is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Must have 2+ years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, or systems engineering.
|Working at GNSI:|
We offer our employees comprehensive benefits that respond to their growing needs. From the basics in health care to programs that help manage life’s little turns, some of our benefits include:
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Drug Plan, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical/Dental/Vision and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Roth 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- SmartBenefits, commuter benefits
And Much More. Please click on the following link for a full list of benefits.
We believe it is equally important to maintain a work environment that encourages fun!
Some recent Company Sponsored Events:
- Wii Competitions (bowling, tennis, and golf)
- Foosball Competition
- Laser Tag Celebration Event
- Murder Mystery Theatre Event
- Company Picnics
- Company Holiday Celebrations
At GNSI, our people are our most important competitive advantage. We know that our highly skilled work force is vital to our present and future success.
GNSI’s commitment to diversity permeates our entire organization, which encourage us to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas. The diversity of our people has been and will continue to be one of the keys to GNSI’s success.
Local applicants please (relocation expenses are not included). No faxes or calls. Resumes must be submitted as a PDF or word.doc to be reviewed. Thank you!
GlobalNet Services, Inc. (GNSI), a dynamic Information Technology company located in Rockville, MD. The City of Rockville has been named among the Top 100 Best Places to Live, ranking No. 31 in the August 2010 edition of Money Magazine. Rockville was chosen as one of America's best small cities for families because of its recently rebuilt downtown, economic stability and great schools. In addition to the Money Magazine designation, Rockville also was selected as an Editors Pick in U.S. News and World Report, which recently released its America's Best Places 2010 list. The City of Rockville is a 13-square-mile city with a population of about 61,000 and is located 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.