IT Business SME (Plant Logistics Manager)
The IT Business Subject Matter Expert, SAP (IT BUS SME) participates primarily in projects that focus on the deployment or enhancement of SAP solutions. These projects are aimed at leveraging existing business systems in efforts to optimize business processes, reduce costs, and drive revenue for companies across XXXX XXX. In many cases they involve 'virtual' teams that include both technology and business resources across the globe.
IT BUS SMEs serve as a key coordinator between the technology and business elements of the implementation team, and are the primary point of contact for the business team during and after implementation. They participate in solution development (i.e. blueprinting) activities, using their end-to-end process knowledge to identify and drive optimal solutions. In addition, the role leads efforts with business teams to complete deliverables that involve business resources (e.g. security, reporting, testing, training, etc.) Post implementation the IT BUS SME supports the site's daily business operations until they are stabilized.
In addition to business implementation duties, the IT BUS SME will be involved in researching new SAP functionality, and work on other process improvement projects as time permits.
Manages Customer service, Customer delivery and assures Customer requirements are communicated to the proper departments. Logistic Manager also oversees Shipping/Receiving and assures correct inventory is available to Production departments.
- Support the deployment and implementation activities for one or more large SAP projects of high risk, complexity and visibility that relate to critical business goals for XXXX XXX.
- Support project deliverables related to deployment, including but not limited to, scope & expectations. Includes detailed definitions of key project elements (e.g. security, data validation, core extension requirements).
- Interfaces with all functional & business areas/ groups affected by the project, including senior management.
- Works closely with functional resource managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects being managed. Project team sizes vary; most involve 20-30 members.
- Educate / communicate to business users solution options.
- Drive identification and analysis of benefits/risks associated with key decisions as it relates to an integrated solution.
- Track business deliverables to detailed project plans, including schedules, business resource plans, communication plans, change management plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans.
- Responsible for identification of issues and managing them to closure.
- Ensure defined solution meets business requirements.
- Consult with business constituents on potential uses of existing or new SAP functionality.
- Fully understands the process of managing the Shipping function within an Automotive Manufacturing Environment
- Fully understands the process of managing the Sale Order function relating leading to a Shipping requirement in an Automotive Manufacturing Environment
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate and report project status to stakeholders (e.g. Status Reports, Regional Steering Committee Meetings, Program Reviews etc).
- Provide leadership to cross-functional project teams comprised of deployment staff and business partners.
- Provide work direction and feedback to program managers, project leads/managers, and teams.
- Participate in solution design (i.e. blueprinting) of approved enhancements. Provide knowledge content and solution approaches.
- Act as a change agent to drive and implement change through team effort.
- Promotes an atmosphere conscious of environmental, safety and health practices, in support of the EMS Policy and HSE Policies.
- Fully understands the process of managing plant shipping, receiving as well EDI (inbound, outbound)
- Fully understands the impact of shipping and receiving transactions related to Sarbanes Oxley and accounting standard regulations.
- Fully understands the process of Sales forecasting/budgeting management.
- Fully understands ERP System operations
- Fully understands the process of ensuring compliance to customer specific requirements (labeling, packaging, shipping, ASN)
- Fully understands the process of managing periodic excess/obsolete inventory assessments.
Travel is expected at 50% (regional and international)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
-Bachelors Degree of Business (MBA Preferred) or comparable qualification required. Automotive Manufacturing business experience in a leadership position desired.
-Previous work history should show progressively more responsible work assignments throughout the last 2-3 assignments. Additionally, direct work experience in one of the focus area required (Plant CO, Plant Material Management, Plant Production Planning, Plant Sales and Shipping, or Plant Finance)
-Strong experience using SAP preferred – industry certifications highly preferred
-Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years experience as a Plant Logistics Manager managing the shipping function.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated experience in leading functional teams.
- Strong functional and business subject matter expertise.
- Solid knowledge of project management best practices is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and strong relationship building abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse styles, skills, and abilities and across cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer skills including good proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluency in a foreign language is an asset and a plus.
- Project Management Certification desirable.
- 6 Sigma desirable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.