We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer to develop, integrate, and enhance Networking Products for VoIP-enabled routers.
This is a full time position with a well established startup based in Santa Clara, CA. Mid-level or Senior level position that offers good benefits + great team to work with.
- Design, develop, test and deliver embedded Linux software and new features from conception to release.
- Work with the Software Engineering team to solve difficult design and development issues.
- Assist members from QA, Engineering and Technical Support teams to troubleshoot and debug software related issues.
- Actively participate in monitoring and troubleshooting production platform issues.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- 2+ years hands-on Linux kernel network programming experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Experience with Linux embedded systems with limited RAM and flash memory
- Experience with networking protocols
- Experience with Linux as a router
- Linux Firewall, NAT, Traffic Control (QoS), and/or Advanced Routing
- Experience with kernel optimization and debugging
- Familiarity with board bring-up and bootloaders
- Familiarity with the Linux init process and system configuration mechanisms
- Open source porting
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, and/or RTP