Overview Interactive Brokers Group, an industry leader in direct access brokerage services, is seeking a top-notch Java senior software engineer to help make our customer-facing trading applications even better. If you are proficient in developing front-end systems (whether desktop or mobile based) or corresponding back-end services for them, have solid Java experience, love the challenge of developing complex realtime solutions, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a strong established team, then Interactive Brokers may be just the place for you. This job is heavily oriented toward designing, building and optimizing trading applications.
* Fluency in Core Java
* Experience with Java GUI toolkits (Swing, AWT or similar); this could be substituted with strong desire to learn Swing/AWT and related technology
* 4+ years of software development experience with emphasis on Java
* BS in Computer Science, or equivalent (advanced degrees a plus)
* Strong communication skills
* Proactive, driven to excel and get things done on time
* Familiarity with market data concepts and trading technologies and technical experience with systems used in the capital & financial markets all a big plus.
* Mobile software development experience
Interactive Brokers has an excellent benefits package including
* Very competitive compensation and discretionary performance based bonus
* Stock incentive plan
* 401K w/employer matching
* Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Commuter Reimbursement
* Life Insurance
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Healthy Employee Rewards
* Discounted Gym Membership
* Company Paid Lunch and Parking
This is a permanent position in our headquarters in Greenwich, CT.