BSI currently has an opening for Cloud Engineer - SaaS Operations, Tier 1 in our Technology Park, Norcross, GA headquarters.
BSI: Where experience meets innovation in the payroll tax compliance industry. Our payroll tax software pioneered the modern tax system and currently over 20 million employees are processed through our solutions. Our solid knowledgebase, utilization of the latest technology and strong dedication to service and support have allowed us to build our business, evolve our products and stay in the forefront of the industry.
BSI offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life Insurance and AD&D. Generous PTO and company holidays. 401(k) and profit sharing also available.
Job Title: Cloud Engineer – SaaS Operations, Tier I
Description: Assists with the operation, maintenance and monitoring of BSI’s SaaS IT environments.
- Operate, monitor and support SaaS applications in a Windows environment
- Maintain uptime and availability of SaaS environments
- Performance monitoring and proactive alerting
- Coordination between BSI’s IT SaaS team and hosting service provider
- Escalate issues to hosting service provider(s) or BSI staff as appropriate
- Deploy software changes to staging and production
- Production support, analysis of logs usage patterns and proactive troubleshooting
- Execute prepared SQL scripts as directed
- Adhere to the SaaS environment Change Management Process
- This position requires on-call responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree, IS major preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in operation, monitoring, and diagnosis/analysis of web applications in a Windows environment
- Associates degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in operation, monitoring, and diagnosis and analysis of web applications in a Windows environment
- This position is subject to a background check
- Operational competence of Tomcat, Apache, and IIS
- Familiarity with Web technologies and trends
- Detail oriented; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate with limited supervision
- Experience in a Corporate IT department handling Windows servers and Web servers in Production environments preferred
- Experience handling production SaaS services a plus
- Recent LAN, WAN and hosting-related job experience and/or education a plus
- Experience working with a third-party hosting provider is a plus
- Familiarity with OO principles and SQL, Java, Oracle, SOAP, XML a plus
COVER LETTER MUST REFLECT SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED
BSI is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.