Demand Media is seeking inventive, ambitious go-getters fascinated by developing new media evolution who want to work in a fun environment with an energetic team.
• Continual observation of Demand Media’s monitoring systems. Effectively respond to enterprise alerts from all platforms by following documented procedures that instruct troubleshooting, resolution or escalation steps.
• Responsible for meeting SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) and OLA’s (Operational Level Agreements).
• Effectively document alert, impact and action taken in the respective Enterprise ticketing system.
• Work independently to identify system, application, hardware or network problems, take corrective action when needed and referring more complex issues to higher level support groups), using established escalation procedures.
• Effectively notify Business Units and IT Management of Production impacting incidents.
• Possess technical skills and knowledge; be able to apply those skills to business impacting problems.
• Maintain Production Operations documentation and procedures.
• Suggests changes and improvements to standards, procedures, and other work tools and creates new procedure documentation as needed.
• Ensure all documented processes and procedures and SLA’s are adhered to.
• Update and maintain operator activity/turnover/run logs and responsible ticketing queue.
• Maintain Outage Calendar, end of day processes in SharePoint for daily review.
• Follow established procedures for tickets queued in Enterprise Ticketing System. Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability.
• Responsible for maintaining Data Center standards and Disaster Recovery procedures during Disaster Recovery Events
• Enforce system and data access policies.
• Responsible as a team to ensure system uptime and incident response allows IT to meet or exceed service levels negotiated with the various business units.
• Work closely with internal support groups and external vendors to identify, resolve or coordinate the resolution of Network, System, and Application related problems and issues.
• Work effectively and professionally with other team members; be able to learn from and share knowledge with others.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality based
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a 7x24x365 Operations Center (NOC/SOC).
• Minimum 2 years practical/professional W2k/2003 server experience required.
• Minimum 1 year practical/professional Linux or UNIX server experience required.
• In depth technical knowledge and understanding of current web facing technologies; specifically, e-mail (SMTP, POP3, IMAP), web servers (IIS, Apache), and DNS.
• Independent problem solver with proven technical problem solving experience
• Strong experience with network, application and system troubleshooting, monitoring tools, responding to alarm conditions, and escalation processes and procedures.
• Ability to independently multi-task, prioritize and resolve urgent issues.
• Process-oriented with high attention to detail.
• Ability to triage a problem quickly and provide on-call engineers critical information in a clear, concise and quick manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization.
• Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making