Senior CAD Admin/Application Engineer (Siemens NX), MA
Position: Full time
• Drive all aspects of virtual product development including mechanical design and simulation.
• Work with internal partners to install mechanical engineering software and to maintain licensing.
• Provide software application and operating system administration services.
• Increase the utilization of mechanical CAD software throughout the product development and manufacturing lifecycles.
• Manage mechanical CAD software vendor relationships and establish and maintain technical contacts.
• Perform hardware and software benchmark tests and specify hardware configurations for mechanical engineering workstations.
• Provide expert assistance and guidance to users of mechanical CAD software and maintain records of support activity.
• Provide expert troubleshooting and repair services in response to mechanical CAD software and operating system issues raised by users.
• Evaluate mechanical CAD software training needs and develop and deliver training to users.
• Assist users in the selection of appropriate on-line and instructor-led classes.
• Conduct user group meetings to address specific user concerns and general developmental needs.
• Travel up to four weeks per year domestic and international
Must have the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Must demonstrate an expert level of skill in the administration and use of Siemens NX software (5+ years).
• Siemens NX software including finite element analysis, thermal analysis, and mechanisms preferred
• Working knowledge of at least one computer programming or scripting language a plus
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating systems with basic system administration a plus
• Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in solid modeling, surface modeling, assembly modeling, and detail drafting a plus
• 5+ years of industry experience as a mechanical design engineer or equivalent is required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Please respond back with word copy of your resume with contact details, and expected rates/hour to firstname.lastname@example.org
**** Please share the link to your linkedin profile when submitting the resume. ****