Oakwood’s Business Intelligence service line is growing! This is an exciting opportunity for professionals who love developing business intelligence solutions using Microsoft's latest technology. Be part of one of the largest Microsoft dedicated BI teams in the region where you will have an opportunity to work with and learn from some of strongest experts and community leaders on the Microsoft stack.
About Oakwood Systems Group Inc.: Established in 1981, Oakwood has over 30 years of consulting history and is a leading provider of Microsoft solutions. Opportunities at Oakwood continue to be abundant - we have been selling exciting, cutting edge opportunities, many of which are exclusive to Oakwood. Oakwood Systems Group is a Microsoft Gold Partner with eight (8) gold and four (4) silver competencies. We're also a Microsoft Cloud Accelerate certified partner. Oakwood is focused on building trusted partnerships with our clients through delivery excellence and a commitment to customer success - our consultants are the cornerstone of this commitment.
Role Summary: The Data Warehouse consultant is responsible for a variety of roles ranging from development to analysis and technical leadership. The primary role is to serve on project development teams, providing technical solutions, tool/software alternatives and capabilities, design specifications, and recommendations related to technical issues. Occasionally the position may mentor other team members including client personnel.
- Design and develop data warehousing solutions for clients across a variety of industries and business sizes utilizing Microsoft's SQL Server Platform
- Design and development focuses on dimensional data model design with relational and OLAP data warehouse databases
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies as required
- Must be able to act in the role of subject matter expert for Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies including SQL Server and Analysis Services
- Develop standards and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency as required
- Translate business requirements and technical designs into well-developed solutions that meet client business goals
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members and clients
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Assist in pre-sales, scoping and requirements gathering process
- Participate in the business intelligence community to promote the use of the Microsoft BI platform and general data warehousing best practices
- 2 years Business Intelligence or Data Warehousing experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
- Desire to stay current with technology and a willingness to learn
- Strong level of experience with dimensional modeling, star schema and Kimball Data Warehouse methodologies
- Excellent SQL Server design and development experience
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) development or similar OLAP environments
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Knowledge of Multidimensional Expression (MDX) language
- Understanding of performance optimization, data warehousing, cube architecture
- Experience with Big Data technology and technique a plus
- Understanding of SQL Server FastTrack and/or Parallel Data Warehouse preferred
- Familiarity with storage technologies (e.g. SAN, NAS, etc.) a plus
- Professional image and demeanor with the ability to present oneself in a consultative, confident manner
- Ability to explain the pros and cons of architectural decisions
- Diverse understanding of industry based tools, software and techniques
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated understanding of basic estimating procedures, capable of assembling a basic project plan, and good work tracking habits
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, with both a technical and business audience
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a team member
- First-rate time management skills including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Understanding of common development methodologies such as waterfall, agile, and prototyping
- Microsoft Certification (MCITP: Database Administrator 2008, MCITP: Database Developer 2008, MCITP: Business Intelligence 2008, MCSE: Data Platform, or MCSE: Business Intelligence) a plus
- Working knowledge of Business Event Analysis and Modeling (BEAM) a plus
Key Skills: T-SQL, SQL Server, SSAS, MDX, Dimensional Modeling, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Star Schema
Oakwood invests in our Consultants through: Certifications, training, career counseling and participation in select technical conferences, with a training budget established for every team member
To Apply: If you are interested in a direct hire, full time position as an Oakwood team member, please send your resume in confidence.
Attention! We are unable to provide visa sponsorship and no third (3rd) party applicants, please.