Do you find solving complicated problems rewarding?
Do you enjoy interacting with clients to resolve their technical and/or business challenges?
Are you a continual learner who has a passion for technology?
Is continuing to work on Microsoft technologies of interest to you?
If you answered yes, then read on….
Oakwood Systems Group is adding Senior Unified Communications (UC) Engineers and Architects to their team. This opportunity offers diversity and technical and professional growth.
The Senior UC System Engineer or Architect is responsible for nurturing client relationships, building Oakwood presence through technical expertise and consulting on matters concerning UC, including Exchange, Lync and Lync Voice. You may be upgrading, installing, designing and/or migrating these solutions for Oakwood’s clients.
The Senior UC System Engineer orArchitect handles a variety of roles ranging from design & installation of complex systems to assessing and recommending solutions for the systems, desktops or networks. The role involves pre-sales support including project definition, scoping/sizing, analysis of technical alternatives, and the presentations and/or proposal of results. The primary role will be to design and install complex systems working with clients and vendors to find cost-effective solutions, utilizing varying tools/hardware and software alternatives. The position will include opportunities to mentor other team members including client personnel. This position may serve in either an individual or team environment with the potential of serving in varying capacities including technical project leadership, depending on the needs of the project and the team (client and internal).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Over 7 years of experience working with Exchange, OCS/Lync and Voice related technologies
- Diverse technical background with experience in various industries, roles, platforms, architectures, packages and technologies
- Experience integrating Exchange and Lync with voice platforms from Cisco and Avaya
- Proven track record in core skills for infrastructure, centering around customer, project and client/staff deliverables
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft technologies and products, including: Exchange Server, Lync, Office Communication Server, Active Directory
- Strong career interest with a focus on professional improvement focused on Unified Communication technologies
- Experience working in enterprise environments
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
- Previous consulting or professional services experience
- MCSA, MCSE (current release), MCTS or MCITP Exchange and Lync
- MCSA, MCSE (current release), MCTS or MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 Certification(s)
- Cisco Call Manager
Oakwood invests in their team members through support of certifications and exposure to Microsoft’s newest technologies. Our career management program is a proven successful process that allows our Consultants to determine their technical, business and professional career path and monitor the progress and adjust accordingly. Consider joining a company that invests in your technical and professional growth.