Senior Manager, Design Engineering
San Jose, CA, USA
Atmel Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
- Lead an IC design team developing products for the microcontroller business unit
- Implement and monitor Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards based on corporate guidelines in a project setting
- Train/mentor new employees
- Must have a proven track-record of designing complex chips and taking them into production
- Must demonstrate significant technical skills in the areas of SoC/ microcontroller systems
- Must be proficient in all phases of frontend chip design cycle - architecture, RTL coding (Verilog), synthesis, and static timing analysis.
- Knowledge of backend chip design cycle desirable
- Ability to coach and mentor engineers
- A combination of strong technical and analytical skills along with the ability to drive others to achieve results.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Self-directed — works well with minimal supervision within the guidelines given
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
BS/MS in EE
10-15 years of relevant experience