The successful applicant will participate in the development of a large scale distributed enterprise system to measure, monitor, and control OOCL's global logistics and shipment operations. In this position, the senior developer needs great coding skills and the passion to do great things. We value a love of elegant code and the personal flexibility to take on various roles within the team. The successful applicant will be accountable for a key module functional area as the primary designer and coder. After the developed software is delivered in production, the applicant will be assigned to a support role for a short-term basis to follow-up on issues reported by the user.
Required Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum six years of OO programming experience including algorithms and data structures design
- Excellent knowledge of OOA/OOD and able to use UML to design and document software
- Able to stay up-to-date with new technologies and perform evaluations to address problems or create new opportunities
- Hands-on experience in the Agile Software development process (e.g. Rally)
- Hands-on experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously in order to be able to drive and complete projects on schedule
- Hands-on experience with PL/SQL and Oracle RDBMS Database
- Hands-on experience in distributed development dealing with offshore counterparts
- Able to follow coding standards and conduct code reviews to maintain excellent code quality
- Able to be involved proactively in software design reviews and recommend changes to ensure the delivery of an excellent product
- Excellent debugging skills and the ability to optimize code for performance tuning
- Hands-on experience with Java and Java development tools (e.g. Oracle Jdeveloper and Eclipse)
Desirable Experience / Knowledge:
- Hands-on experience developing a product that uses data for strategic decision-making is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with Application Servers (Weblogic or OC4J), Coherence or ToplinkGrid is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with JMS, especially TIBCO’s EMS implementation is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with any of the following: XML, XSD, XPath, or XSLT is highly desirable
- Knowledge of data analytics techniques, including assessment of variable type and content, potential variable dependency, outlier identification, etc.
- Some hands-on experience with the R data analysis programming language and R Studio environment, and the commonly used packages
- Experience in the set-up and operation of a multiple parallel processing stream R environment, using packages such as Snow
- Experience in manipulating enterprise scale data sets for partitioning, transformation, and aggregation using tools such as SQL or scripting languages such as Python
- Formal or in-depth understanding of the appropriate application of analytics algorithms for correlation, regression, optimization, and clustering
- Experience working with unstructured or semi-structured data sets and map / reduce tools for handling larger data sets (for example Hadoop)
- Hands-on experience applying and creating data visualization applications created on top of the TIBCO Spotfire platform. In particular, experience implementing applications using the Spotfire API in Iron Python
- Experience building analytics solutions in the transportation and logistics industry
- Hands-on experience with VisualWorks or Gemstone Smalltalk is a plus
- Hands-on experience with TIBCO BusinessWorks or BusinessEvents is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with software configuration management tools (e.g. GIT) is desirable
- Hands-on experience with web services (e.g. SOAP or REST) is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal communication, written and presentation skills
- Excellent team player who is able to collaborate with others in order to scale and optimize the system
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Able to motivate and lead other team members to work together
- Self-motivated; continuously striving to set and meet high standards and challenging goals for yourself
- Creative thinker; able to share knowledge to facilitate and support the success of others
We prefer U.S. citizens / permanent residents.
We prefer local candidates.
OOCL is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.