PBS Works™, Altair's suite of on-demand cloud computing technologies, allows enterprises to maximize ROI on existing infrastructure assets. PBS Works is the most widely implemented software environment for managing grid, cloud, and cluster computing resources worldwide. The suite’s flagship product, PBS Professional®, allows enterprises to easily share distributed computing resources across geographic boundaries. With additional tools for portal-based submission, analytics, and data management, the PBS Works suite is a comprehensive solution for optimizing HPC environments. Leveraging a revolutionary “pay-for-use” unit-based business model, PBS Works delivers increased value and flexibility over conventional software-licensing models.
Summary: As a senior engineering member of our team you will contribute to the design and development of next generation distributed workload management technology for PBS Professional.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and intelligent software engineer who can translate the business need into highly scalable, maintainable software solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a close-knit team working on a worldwide product.
- Build sophisticated technology for the PBS Professional product based on customer-driven requirements.
- Write and shepherd object oriented designs through the entire software development process, from requirements and use cases to shipping product.
- Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Modify existing software technology to correct errors and/or improve performance.
- Provide expertise to the support and sales organizations as well as other software engineers.
Skills and Experience required:
- Superior programming skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related.
- 5+ years of experience developing system level, operating system dependent, commercial software in heterogeneous, multi-platform environments.
- Proficiency in C and Python programming languages.
- Track record of delivering end-user commercial software on schedule with excellent quality through multiple release cycles.
- Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to analyze, debug and maintain the integrity of an existing code base.
- Strong computer science background with in-depth systems-level knowledge in operating systems and networking.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirements, use cases, design, coding, documentation and testing of scalable, distributed applications in Windows and Linux/UNIX environments.
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder required due to government contract work.
Altair is An Equal Opportunity Employer