Summary of Position:
The Sr. Network Engineer will manage system and network design, network implementation, and technical support for current and prospective customers.
- Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data/security networks
- Working with junior members of the engineering team to successfully implement secure network solutions
- LAN routing and switching configuration and deployment in an enterprise environment
- Provide network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of secure networking environments
- Assist clients through planning, design and implementation of secure data communications networks
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
- Works with engineering and sales teams to determine the appropriate technology recommendations through the presales process.
- Ensures all Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Statements of Work (SOW) define the equipment and effort required to meet business requirements and customer expectations.
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
- Complex L2 and L3 routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must)
- Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment in a lab environment
- IDS/IPS solutions (Cisco is a must, Tipping Point, etc. are optional)
- Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco is a must, Palo Alto, Juniper, etc. are optional)
- Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS and RSA
- Load Balancing (optional)
- 8+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
- BS in CS or EE or 8-10 years related experience
- CCIE Security or R&S - Preferred
- CCNP- REQUIRED
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Presidio is an E-Verify Participant.