Presidio is the leading provider of professional and managed services for advanced IT solutions. Our services and solutions enable our clients to maximize their return on investment in data center/virtualization, collaboration, security, mobility and networking technology. More than 2,000 Presidio IT professionals serve over 5,000 clients in all 50 U.S. states, Europe and Asia. Presidio addresses the complete technology lifecycle – helping clients in the private and public sectors plan, design, integrate, operate and optimize their IT infrastructure. Presidio solutions are developed with strategic partners, including Cisco, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp and VMware, who are the leading innovators in the IT industry. Our unique capabilities and approach to serving our clients have translated into a track record of success.
As a Solutions Architect (SA) and a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, the candidate will be responsible for meeting with Commercial, Enterprise, SLED, and Federal customers, collecting requirements for Networking, Wireless and Security infrastructure projects and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Solutions Architect should be able to present and explain various storage technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. SAs are responsible for creating scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions. Specific tasks include creation of bills of material for security, wireless, mobility and LAN/WAN networking solutions from various vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, HP, RSA, and MobileIron. The SA should have the ability to develop consulting opportunities and engagements, including pricing of engineering services and development of statements of work. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the above listed manufacturers and specifically around Cisco product sets to include: Identity Service Engine (ISE), Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), ISR and ASR series Routers, Catalyst and Nexus series Switches, Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Aironet series Access Points, Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems (IDS/IPS), and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, with various solutions, products, and technologies listed above. The SA should be highly motivated, excited about learning new products and technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
The essential responsibilities of the Secure Network Solutions Architect are to work directly with customers and account managers in pre-sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other Presidio employees in Sales, Marketing, Proposals, and Project Management areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Meet with customers and collect customer requirements
• Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationships and solutions
• Create high-level solution designs/architectures and present to customers
• Create customer facing presentations
• Create bills of material and solution configurations
• Build scopes of services and professional services pricing
• Write statements of work
Must have demonstrable Networking and Security solutions design experience. Experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration of Networking and Security solutions is an advantage. Experience working as a consultant and with a Cisco, Juniper, or HP partner is desirable. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of various Networking and Security technologies and products including a combination of the following skills:
• Network Admissions Control
• Routing and Switching
• Wireless Solutions
Desired Technical Skills:
• LAN routing and switching configuration and deployment in an enterprise environment
• Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment in a lab environment
• Desktop (Windows and Macintosh at minimum) 802.1X supplicant configuration and deployment for wired and wireless implementations in a lab environment
• Active Directory join procedures, user account configuration, and group membership configuration in a lab environment
• SSL certificate creation (internal and 3rd party) and deployment in an enterprise PKI environment
• Cisco WLC configuration in a lab environment
• Configuration of Firewalls
• Configuration of Wireless LAN controllers and Access Points
Education and Experience:
• 4+ years’ experience troubleshooting Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms
• 8+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
• BS in CS or EE or 8-10 years related experience
• CCIE Security or R&S - Desired
• CISSP - Desired
• CCNP- REQUIRED at a minimum
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Presidio is an E-Verify Participant.
Please Note: Principals only please. Any 3rd party agency resumes will be considered unsolicited submissions, and if hired, will not be subject to any referral/placement fees.