The Consulting Principal (CP) is a primary technical customer interface. In addition to customer facing responsibilities, the CP will be a primary technical resource within the California region, interacting with the Presidio Practice Development group to define technology practice areas, integrated solutions and best practices. The role will combine technology with professional services working in concert with professional services team to craft proposals, scopes of work and engineering cost work sheets. This Consulting principal will report directly to the Director of Consulting for Collaboration while teaming with sales and professional service leaders.
- Maintain a high level of technical understanding across multiple technology disciplines
- Act as an authority on our Strategic Engagement Framework, project methodology and vendor-based best practices, demonstrating the ability to tailor the methodology to meet the client's needs within the SEF model.
- Understand a client's overall business and how to position Presidio to ensure a successful implementation of our service and product offerings.
- Maintain long-term client relationships as well as establish and manage project-specific client expectations.
- Build credibility and strengthen relationships with the various vendor management teams.
- Work with the Solutions Architects to define the needs of the practice areas and to be a primary channel of communications to the regions.
- Drive revenue and margin growth in conjunction with sales activity as the primary technical sales resource.
- Work with the Director of Professional Services to identify, hire and retain high-quality individuals for the Professional Services staff.
- Ability to develop scopes of work, reference architecture, bills of materials, and level of effort documents.
- Effectively communicate proposed solutions and designs to the customer
- Act as a role model for and mentor more junior staff in areas of work ethic and client relations.
- Able to white board solutions to a diverse audience
- Ability to develop presentations and communicate with C level executives
- Implementation and administration background with Cisco Unified Communications (Telepresence, Collaboration, Applications), Video/Audio systems (TANDBERG, Polycom)
- Implementation and administration background in Call Manager & Call Manager Business Edition, Unity, Unity Express, Call Manager Express, UCCX, Presence, Jabber
- CCNA/CCNP or CCNA/CCNP-Voice
- CCIE is a significant plus
Cisco Wireless experience Cisco Security experience
- Expert-level experience in relevant fields of network engineering/implementation.
- Minimum 7 years consulting experience with Cisco Unified Communications
- Prior experience configuring Cisco UCS servers, TANDBERG Management Server/Content Server
- Experience working with virtual VMware environments and understanding of Virtual infrastructures
- 5+ years experience in LAN/WAN network administration and engineering.
- Experience working as a consultant is a significant plus.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.