Senior Software (Java) Engineer - San Diego, CA (US Citizen or authorized to work in the US)
Samantic Research Inc seeks a well-qualified Senior Software (Java) Enginner to join our Semantica engineering team in San Diego, CA. This role requires current and demonstrable Java development experience. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will participate in all facets of the software development life cycle with an emphasis on nurturing and maintaining quality-centric practices and processes. As part of close knit team, you will be a key contributor to the evolution of our product and must thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Successful candidates will have the skills, knowledge and confidence commensurate with the following experience:- 7+ years experience
- Relevant and recent Java coding experience
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Proficient using standard SCM and build tools such as Subversion, Maven, etc.
- Excellent communications skills; interact with customers, partners, senior management and other team members professionally, in writing, in person, and virtually, as necessary.
- Ability to think and act independently as well as self-motivate
In addition the ideal candidate will have some or all of the following desired skills (not required):
- Experience developing web services
- Experience with REST
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with web-based UI technologies such as Angular, Bootstrap
- Experience with SQL and a range of JDBC databases
- Knowledge of RDF and OWL
- Experience with search technologies such as SOLR/Lucene
- Large scale ETL, data mining and analysis
- Interest in semantic networks, graph theory, social network analysis (SNA), ontologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Department of Defense (DoD) / Intelligence Community (IC) Experience
- Active Security Clearance: TS/SCI
We provide competitive compensation and benefit packages that include company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their immediate families, 401K plans, and corporate use laptops and cell phone supplement. Semantic Research Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Reference Job# 0129