Are you an exceptional designer who is passionate about the craft and art of UI / UX development? Do you aspire to work for a cutting-edge software company? Do you love to learn and work with leading-edge technologies? Would you like to be a part of an organization that is the global leader in our industry? Welcome to OverDrive.
OverDrive connects the world’s leading publishers with retailers, libraries, schools, colleges, and institutions worldwide. We help our partners deliver premium eBook, audiobook, music, and video titles to their end users on computers, smartphones, pads, and other devices.
The UI/UX Designer’s responsibilities include designing the user interface (UI) of various OverDrive software products and websites to ensure a quality user experience (UX). Note: applicants for this position must include 3+ samples of their work and salary requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; or equivalent experience.
- Design experience, at least 2+ years of experience designing highly interactive and marketable UXs and UIs. Wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for development teams.
- Ability to produce detailed interaction design specifications for the product development team.
- Expertise in user interface (UI) requirements/best practices and creation of a quality user experience (UX), as well as Human Factors theory.
- Creative, with proven graphic design skills, including proficiency with graphic design software (Photoshop, Flash, etc.).
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to software and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for mobile and web platform development teams.
- Understanding of user interface (UI) requirements / best practices and creation of a quality user experience (UX), as well as Human Factors theory.
- Familiarity with design best practices for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, OSX, Windows, and web-based solutions.
- Development of and adherence to a process for prototyping and implementing the UI for software/website features in accordance with UX and UI standards.
- Ability to work across teams to understand customer needs as part of the development of meaningful and intuitive UI/UX.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to software and web-based applications.
A Few Things about OverDrive:
- The software, that we create here, is being used by millions of people around the world - your neighbors are using, your kids friends are using it, and most likely someone in your family is using it. You will have the chance to create something that is for the end user and not just some sales program that no one really uses.
- Brand new campus with walking trails, gymnasium, workout center, Agile rooms, a one hole par three, and much more.
- We sponsor our developers to go to Code Mash as well as many other events as we want to see our developers grow both personally and professionally.
- You get the chance to work with some of the best developers in the region as we support new technology, collaboration, and a great work environment.
- Fun company events throughout the year – St. Patrick’s Day Party, Halloween Party, Indians Day, Family Picnic, Bowling Party, and on and on.
If you are interested in building your career with one of the leading technology organizations in Ohio, send your resume and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Resumes without an online portfolio will not be considered.