The UI / UX Designer will be responsible for collaborating with Product, Engineering, Marketing and the rest of the Design team to deliver clean and consistent user experiences for millions of end-users.
We are seeking a UI / UX Designer to join our Design team, to help create and build an experience for millions of users. You would be on a team of design super nerds, working extremely closely with other designers providing creative solutions to complex problems. Additionally, you will wear many hats at once: from high-level product thinking, to interaction workflows and mockups, all the way to front-end implementation (HTML and CSS). You will create a meaningful and cohesive experience for our users.
About the Team:
The Design team is a dynamic and creative group. Our goal as a group is to holistically rethink the experience of our users, not only to simplify and enhance what exists today, but to prepare our platform to gracefully evolve in the future. You will likely learn more about collaboration at OverDrive than you have anywhere else. The current team has a “No Shave” November guy, a guy that continues to win “The Best OD Halloween Costume”, and a few speed walkers.
About the Job:
- Ability to produce detailed interaction design specifications for the product development team.
- Expertise in user interface (UI) requirements/best practices and creation of a quality user experience (UX), as well as Human Factors theory.
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to software and web-based applications.
- Familiarity with design best practices for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mac OS X, Windows, and web-based technologies such as HTML 5, CSS 3 and jQuery.
- Creative, with proven graphic design skills, including proficiency with graphic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
You like collaborating with a team, knowing that creativity, innovation, and originality happen every day. You have a passion for learning and a desire to work with leading-edge technologies. You take pride in the work that you do knowing that your work impacts millions of people.
You Will Be Successful In This Role If:
- You have experience designing highly interactive and marketable UXs and UIs. Wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for development teams.
- You’re experienced with working across teams to understand customer needs as part of the development of meaningful and intuitive UI/UX.
- You have knowledge of wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for mobile and web platform development teams.
- You have a sense of humor.
- The software we create is being used by millions of people around the world - your neighbors are using it, your kids friends are using it, and most likely someone in your family is using it.
- We have moved into a brand new campus that has amenities like – walking trails, gymnasium, workout center, a one-hole par three, Agile rooms with A/V capabilities, and much more.
- You get the chance to work with some of the best people in the region as we support new technology, collaboration, and a great work environment.
- Fun company events throughout the year – St. Patrick’s Day Party, Halloween Party, Indians Day, Family Picnic, Bowling Party, an amazing Holiday Party and on and on.
If you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, please send your resume along with a portfolio of work to email@example.com. Tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are the perfect fit for our Design team (applications without a link to your portfolio will not be considered). If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft besides designing beautiful, functional websites, that means something to us and we would love to hear about it! OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety, so use your judgment and write to us in your own voice.