Xoom Corporation (Nasdaq: XOOM), one of the fastest growing digital money transfer companies in the world is revolutionizing the international money transfer market by providing people with an easy, convenient and cost-effective means of sending money worldwide. We offer a secure, fast and inexpensive means of sending money from our website to both online and offline recipients in over 30 countries around the world. We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer.
In this versatile role, you will be responsible for helping shape the future of our mission critical NoSQL datastores. You will be collaborating closely with bright and knowledgeable engineering, product, and IT stars to design and manage a highly complex and heavily distributed environment.
Xoom is also an open source contributor and our engineers blog about our technology. Check us out at the links below!
- 7+ years of experience in Operational / DevOps role with Linux production systems in a 24x7 environment
- 3+ years of NoSQL data modeling experience
- Must have hands-on noSQL experience from evaluation of new frameworks to deployment, maintenance, and performance tuning of clusters with at least 2 digit size
- Proficient with Cassandra, Hadoop, Elastic Search & Redis
- Solid understanding of noSQL landscape, available frameworks, and CAP theorem
- Strong knowledge of how noSQL technologies interact and complement each other but also their limits
- Deep understanding of internals of noSQL frameworks
- Ability to build any noSQL open source framework from source
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages - Perl, Python, Shell
- Strong SQL skills - Experience with MySQL
- Good prioritizing and time management skills
- Does not require training nor guidance to evaluate new frameworks and easily comes up to speed as self starter
- Programming experience in at least one non scripting language
- JVM performance tuning experience
- Strong in Linux and network maintenance
- Does not shy away to interact with open source community. Especially important when dealing with beta and alpha versions.
- Willing to take on challenging tasks under pressure
- Provide 24x7 on-call support in rotation
- Experience with regulatory compliance
- Background in statistics, quantitative data analysis or data-mining
- Open source committer or actively involved in community
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
Sound interesting? Apply now and we will contact you!