Epicor…Our Mission: Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers.
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and large enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability.
Epicor is recognized as “visionary” for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional, and global business demand.
As a member of the Epicor Retail Development team you will develop and maintain one or more of the Epicor Retail products, focusing on Retail POS hardware peripheral integration utilizing OPOS/UPOS standards. Possible additional projects include enhancing functionality to help us keep our competitive edge, leveraging the newest Microsoft platform features with Windows 7/8 and SQL 2008/12, or extending our mobile product offerings on other platforms such as iOS. Most new development is done in C# and VB .Net with C/C++ still being used for some applications.
- Convert requirements into technical and functional specifications for large, complex projects
- Provide feature estimates
- Develop and enhance new and existing applications with a focus on hardware and driver interfacing through OPOS/UPOS
- Develop detailed functional and technical specifications
- Write reports to communicate functional design, detailed design, entity relation diagrams, data flow diagrams, general processing instructions, testing recommendations, documentation recommendations, system limitations, and miscellaneous other internal documentation
- Analyze requirements and clarify scope and breadth of work tasks with business analysts and project managers
- Write, test, and deploy code using established standards and procedures
- Review code and perform an adequate level of unit, functional and integrated testing to ensure quality standards are attained
- Learns and employs knowledge of the business segment targeted by the software application.
- Reviews user documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Attend design review meetings to assist in identifying design issues and programming methods that will improve work productivity and product quality.
- Understand and adhere to specifications
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing software according to company standards and procedures
- Review deliverables and provide performance feedback
- Design and deliver formal or informal training
- Mentor and support other developers
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or appropriate computer science related certificate)
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Understanding of software development life-cycle methodologies and best practices
- Advanced Knowledge of C#, VB.NET and C/C++
- Experience coding to driver and/or hardware interfaces
- Experience and knowledge of the OPOS/UPOS standards are significant plus
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server as an application backend, and experience programmatically interfacing with SQL Server as well as table design and maintenance related tasks
- Experience creating and working with specifications
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Write solid code quickly with minimal defects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Occasional travel to other Epicor offices in Columbus, OH or Montreal, QC Canada may be required
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.