Join Thrivent’s IT division and become part of the solution that enables us to blend faith, finances and generosity to change lives and strengthen families and communities. With over 650 employees and contract associates, Thrivent’s IT division comprises nearly one-fourth of the organization’s workforce. You’ll work closely with our business partners to deliver exceptional solutions, reliable service, and help us meet the increasing demands of the more than 2.4 million people who are part of Thrivent’s membership organization.
We are looking for people to join our team who enjoy creating innovative technical solutions to complex problems. People who are successful in this role are hard-working individuals who can make a difference. Are you a quick learner who has initiative and drive, enjoys problem solving, and is a well-spoken team player with strong leadership potential? Read on for more information about this position!
As a Senior Access Management Engineer, you will be expected to perform in a fast paced environment to design/engineer, install, update and support the NetIQ Access Management environment. This is an exciting time to join the IT Security team as we set up a new infrastructure and new environment. You will be a key player on this large project that will be helping lay the foundation for the future of this team and Thrivent access security. Your Access Management experience will be critical in this role as you are helping with the new infrastructure and giving your input and expertise.
You will be interacting with the business at the manager and director level and engineers on a regular basis to fully understand how to set up access.
- Implements the functional and technical requirements gathering and analysis for an enterprise wide Access Management program.
- Supports the architecture, engineering, and operational documentation for the Access Management program.
- Serves as a subject matter expert supporting, administering and managing the Access Management program.
- Partners with business areas to design and develop strategic services for supporting the access needs of our members.
- Delivers installation, integration and deployment of Access Management products.
- Supports acceptance testing, quality assurance testing, debugging, support and maintenance.
- Keeps up to date on leading and emerging software products, processes, technologies and industry standards.
- 9 or more years of information security-related experience.
- 3 - 5 years expertise with deployment and support of NetIQ Access Manager or equivalent competitor product such as Oracle Access, CA, IBM, etc.
- Expert knowledge and experience with security fundamentals such as authentication, authorization, data protection methods, common application security models, threat and vulnerability management processes, and the practical experience to assess risks of both a technical and business nature and be able to contribute to the design and qualification of technical security solutions.
- Solid understanding of Linux especially Red Hat.
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- General understanding of TCP/IP networks, HTTP, and DNS technologies.
- Experience managing projects through the full system development lifecycle.
Helpful to have but not required…
- Industry related certification(s) one or more SANS Advanced certifications or from the ISC2 family such as GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GISF, CISSP, SSCP or CAP.