Tandem HP Nonstop developer (two positions)
At least 7 years’ experience with HP Tandem Nonstop systems and acts as a lead in providing design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design complex computer solutions. Provides direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code and acts as an expert technical resource. Experience with systems and integration testing of applications from development to production. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas including business continuation plan.
- Experience with application development on Tandem Nonstop systems using COBOL85, PATHWAY, PATHCOM, Nonstop SQL, Enscribe, UNIX, TACL with excellent debugging skills
- Experience with source control management tools such as RMS.
- Demonstrated ability to construct testing plans, and experience with designing multiple software life cycle environments (e.g., development, test, integration, production, disaster recovery)
- Production support and maintenance of various applications on Tandem platform such as Guardian and OSS including iTP web server, Tomcat web server, Java servlet, CGIs, C/C++, Tuxedo
- Experienced in maintaining and creating Pathways environments
- Strong database skills on Nonstop SQL/MP including creating SQL databases, tables, indexes; running explain plans, optimizing SQL Queries to target specific indexes through CONTROL statements, SQL table across multiple CPUs, Partitioning of the SQL table across multiple disks, parallel processing of the program from SQL database into MQ across multiple CPUs
- Experience with creating/maintaining ENSCRIBE databases, MQ Manager, MQ channels and MQ Queues.
- Extensive use of Tandem utilities like MEASURE, PROGNOSIS, OFFENDER, VIEWPT, VIEWSYS, NDM, FTP, NETBATCH, SPOOLCOM, SQLCI, FUP, SCUP, SCF, SAFECOM, EMS, RDF and other Tandem Guardian utilities.
- Participate in performance and capacity tuning of Tandem applications.