Around 8-10 years development experience on Tandem HP Nonstop systems small to medium-size development and maintenance support team.
- Strong knowledge of COBOL85 and structured programming techniques integrated with Nonstop SQL/MP and Enscribe database
- Conversant with PATHWAY setup and maintenance including online transaction processing concepts and techniques
- Experience in developing TACL scripts, test plans and scheduling batch jobs with Netbatch
- Worked on Guardian and OSS operating systems including iTP web server, experience in developing code with C/C++, Java servlet.
- Skilled in using Tandem tools and utilities like MEASURE, VIEWPT, NDM, FTP, NETBATCH, TMF, FUP, SPOOLCOM, SQLCI, EMS, NDM Secure and MQ Series
- Handy with source control tools like RMS and CONTROL
- Demonstrated ability and experience with designing multiple software life cycle environments (e.g., development, test, integration, production, disaster recovery). Experience with disaster failover process.
- Experience with supporting a critical production system with ability to work with infrastructure, Tandem systems and development teams for troubleshooting production failures and issues
Platform and Skill Set Expertise:
Client Server Development experience in COBOL85, SQL/MP Database – SQLCI, SQL Report Writer, SQL query and performance tuning, Enscribe, UNIX shell scripting RMS Source Control, Tandem tools and utilities, TMF, Spoolcom, Peruse and other utilities