By 2016, 86% of Internet traffic will be video, requiring a massive change in technology to support it. The single most critical requirement of this transition is ensuring a high-quality video experience for every viewer, anytime, anywhere, on any device. Solving it requires true innovation, new thinking – an entirely new way to control the Internet.
Would you like to join an established, growing, pre-IPO startup company, the global leader ensuring the optimal online video delivery to each and every viewer? If you have experience building massively scalable infrastructure using commercial and open-source tools and enjoy solving hard problems this is the opportunity you may want to explore.
The team values talent and enthusiasm, enjoys deep academic roots, broad industry experience and high standards. The company provides generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area.
- Lead development of the new features on real-time online video delivery monitoring and optimization platform.
- Evaluate and integrate latest open-source technologies to expand the offerings of the platform.
- Prototype proof-of-concept solutions and defend new ideas before the management team.
- Ensure system’s exceptional performance and scalability.
- Desire to work for a dynamic Pre-IPO growing startup company with a global reach
- Strong knowledge and interest in Open Source technologies and ability to evaluate new offerings.
- Expertise in OOD/OOP concepts and 5+ years of hands-on experience in C++ or Java.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data driven applications
- Understanding of MapReduce and hands-on experience with large scale Hadoop or Hadoop-like systems, including understanding of performance related issues (memory , disk, CPU).
- Knowledge of HDFS and other distributed file systems
- Strong experience with databases including schema design.
- Designed and implemented new HDFS file formats
- Experience with HBase Key design for complex scenarios and/or HFile design and implementation
- Experience with Hive, Spark, Shark and other Big Data technologies
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the text "Senior Software Engineer, Platform Development, Big Data" in the subject line.
- Provide the date you are available to start work.