By 2016, 86% of Internet traffic will be video, requiring a massive change in technology to support it. The single most critical requirement of this transition is ensuring a high-quality video experience for every viewer, anytime, anywhere, on any device. Solving it requires true innovation, new thinking – an entirely new way to control the Internet.
Would you like to join an established, growing, pre-IPO startup company, the global leader ensuring the optimal online video delivery to each and every viewer? If you love to learn new technologies and understand where is the best place to use them, solve hard problems, build scalable and adaptable systems, and are not afraid of working on changing demands and requirements, this position will provide you with the exceptional growth opportunities.
You will have a chance to work on:
- Big Data cloud computing platform for real-time video control engine
- Client-side video streaming optimization
- Mobile and connected devices
- Platform data APIs
- End-user applications.
You will own and drive implementation and improvement of the new and existing features.
The team values talent and enthusiasm, enjoys deep academic roots, broad industry experience and high standards. The company provides generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area.
- Strong desire and ability to work and learn in a dynamic startup environment
- Thorough understanding of core Computer Science fundamentals including Algorithms, Data Structures, Distributed Systems & Networking, Operating Systems
- Excellent OOD and OOP skills
- Strong Java and/or C++ experience
- Self-motivated, quick-learner, team-player that possesses great communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in CS or related field
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems, data-mining or MapReduce systems like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, NoSQL stores like HBase, etc. is a big plus.
- Experience working on mobile devices, setTop boxes, game consoles etc
- Experience running application stacks in Amazon EC2
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the text "Software Engineer" in the subject line.
- Provide the date you are available to start work.