Visit us on the web www.EltiSolutions.com and on Facebook www.facebook.com/eltisolutions
By 2016, 86% of Internet traffic will be video, requiring a massive change in technology to support it. The single most critical requirement of this transition is ensuring a high-quality video experience for every viewer, anytime, anywhere, on any device. Solving it requires true innovation, new thinking, and entirely new way to control how and what flows on the Internet.
Would you like to join an established, growing, pre-IPO startup company, the global leader ensuring the optimal online video delivery to each and every viewer utilizing the latest in Big Data and machine learning technologies? Their Big Data platform sees over 4 billion streams a month and is rapidly growing.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work on enhancing of the quality of video playback on Desktop and Web Video (HTML5, Flash/OSMF/AIR/Primetime, MSFT Silverlight/Media Element/Player Framework/XAML/Runtime) and bring innovation in the area of QoS of online video delivery. You will have an opportunity to learn new technologies, devices and become an expert in the critical space of the quality of online video delivery.
The team values talent and enthusiasm, enjoys deep academic roots, broad industry experience and high standards. The company provides generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area.
- Focus on video playback monitoring and control applications on Microsoft Desktop and Web Video platforms.
- Learn new devices and technologies and expand knowledge and understanding of the best practices of development for multitude of devices and screens.
- Bring innovations in the fields of scalability of the development for various devices, developing smart tools and SDKs to enable larger community to contribute in the development, development of better control mechanisms for enhancement of video playback experience.
- Strong desire to work and learn in a dynamic established startup environment
- At least some experience working for startup companies.
- 3+ years of experience working on Microsoft platforms and knowledge of technologies like Silverlight, Media Element, Player Framework, XAML, Runtime.
- Knowledge Web Video technologies: HTML5, Adobe Flash, OSMF, AIR, Primetime
- Extensive development experience in C#/.NET
- Knowledge of HTML5 and Flash
- Experience developing for XBox or Windows Phone
- Experience in Video technologies and protocols using one or more of HLS, SmoothStreaming, HDS, MPEG DASH, OSMF, RTMP, DRM.
- Knowledge of broadcast TV, VoD, IPTV, OTT
- Knowledge of Cloud based delivery and management services
- Knowledge of media delivery and/or service provider space
- Experience with A/V codecs and frameworks like H.264, MPEG4, AAC, MP3, GStreamer, FFMPEG etc.
- Experience with IP protocols, technologies and architectures
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development methods
- Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to email@example.com
- Place the text "Software Engineer, video playback optimization for Desktop and Web Video" in the subject line.
- Please provide the date you are available to start work.