Visit us on the web www.EltiSolutions.com and on Facebook www.facebook.com/eltisolutions
Core skills: OOD/OOP expertise, Java or C++, exceptional problem solving and learning abilities, some experience working on mobile platforms, SetTop boxes or gaming consoles.
By 2016, 86% of Internet traffic will be video, requiring a massive change in technology to support it. The single most critical requirement of this transition is ensuring a high-quality video experience for every viewer, anytime, anywhere, on any device. Solving it requires true innovation, new thinking, and entirely new way to control how and what flows on the Internet.
Would you like to join an established, growing, pre-IPO startup company, the global leader ensuring the optimal online video delivery to each and every viewer utilizing the latest in Big Data and machine learning technologies? Their Big Data platform sees over 4 billion streams a month and is rapidly growing.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work on enhancing of the quality of video playback on all types of devices (mobile, SetTop boxes, Desktop, Game Consoles,Smart TVs) and bring innovation in the area of QoS of online video delivery. You will have an opportunity to learn new technologies, devices and become an expert in the critical space of the quality of online video delivery.
The team values talent and enthusiasm, enjoys deep academic roots, broad industry experience and high standards. The company provides generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area.
- Focus on video playback monitoring and control applications on various devices (mobile, SetTop boxes, Desktop, Game Consoles,Smart TVs)
- Understand and implement native practices of device side development
- Learn new devices and technologies and expand knowledge and understanding of the best practices of development for multitude of devices and screens.
- Strong desire to work, learn, and excel in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong understanding and experience with Object Oriented Design principles, data structures, and algorithms.
- Exceptional problems solving and learning abilities.
- Curiosity about new technology, devices and elegant development practices.
- 1+ year of experience working on various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Desktop, SetTop Boxes, Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles).
- Strong development experience in Java, C++ or C#.
- BS in CS, MS is preferred.
- CS degree from a top school.
- Experience working for a startup company.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and Flash.
- Knowledge of Objective-C, Android NDK, etc.
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development methods
- Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to email@example.com
- Place the text "Junior Software Engineer, video playback optimization for various devices" in the subject line.
- Please provide the date you are available to start work.