Visit us on the web www.EltiSolutions.com and on Facebook www.facebook.com/eltisolutions
By 2016, 86% of Internet traffic will be video, requiring a massive change in technology to support it. The single most critical requirement of this transition is ensuring a high-quality video experience for every viewer, anytime, anywhere, on any device. Solving it requires true innovation, new thinking, and entirely new way to control how and what flows on the Internet.
Would you like to join an established, growing, pre-IPO startup company, the global leader ensuring the optimal online video delivery to each and every viewer utilizing the latest in Big Data and machine learning technologies? Their Big Data platform sees over 4 billion streams a month and is rapidly growing.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work on enhancing of the quality of video playback on all types mobile devices (such as iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets, Windows phones and tablets), game consoles (Xbox, PS3), SetTop boxes and smart TVs, building scalable and extensible platform to support development for these devices, and bring innovation in the area of QoS of online video delivery.
The team values talent and enthusiasm, enjoys deep academic roots, broad industry experience and high standards. The company provides generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area.
- Work on video playback monitoring and control applications on a variety of client platforms (Xbox's, PSX's, Smart TVs and other SetTop Boxes).
- Work with product management team on the new products requirements.
- Work on designing and building a unified software platform that supports all kinds of video enabled devices with the goal of reusability and extensibility of the design and implementation.
- Understand and implement native practices of mobile and device side development
- Bring innovations in the fields of scalability of the development for various devices, developing smart tools and SDKs to enable larger community to contribute in the development, development of better control mechanisms for enhancement of video playback experience.
- 5+ years of experience in building device client side products and solutions
- Strong desire to work and learn in a dynamic established startup environment
- Strong understanding and experience with Object Oriented Design principles
- Solid development experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Objective C, C#, C++, AS etc
- Expertise in one or more mobile platforms & connected devices like XBox, SmartTVs and STBs
- Experience in Video technologies and protocols using one or more of Flash, OSMF, HLS, HDS, HSS, RTMP, HTML5, DRM etc.
- Knowledge of broadcast TV, VoD, IPTV, OTT
- Knowledge of Cloud based delivery and management services
- Knowledge of media delivery and/or service provider space
- Experience with A/V codecs and frameworks like H.264, MPEG4, AAC, MP3, GStreamer, FFMPEG etc.
- Experience with IP protocols, technologies and architectures
- Startup experience
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development methods
- Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the text "Senior Software Engineer, video playback optimization, game consoles" in the subject line.
- Provide the date you are available to start work.