NTS is hiring a Desktop Support Specialist to support multiple locations in the Kilmarnock area. The successful candidate will possess and utilize exceptional customer service skills as they interface with end users on a daily basis. The successful candidate must have a valid VA driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The successful candidate must be able to lift 30 lbs and walk between 1 and 2 miles in an 8 hour shift.
* Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically (tickets)
* Educate end-users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems
* Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
* Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
* Stay current with system information, changes and updates
* Setup new user hardware/ software
* Maintain hardware and software inventory
* Clone computer using imaging software; maintain clone images
* Provide technical assistance for all printers and scanners
* Provide technical assistance to users for network, VPN, web based portal and wireless issues.
* Escalate incidents to IT Network Administrators, Business Analysts or Developers when appropriate
*Travel between locations and interface with end-users
• 1 - 3 years experience supporting WindowsXP/Win7 desktop/laptop PCs
• Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
• Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
• Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
• Customer Service Experience a must
Certifications a Plus:
A+, HPAPS, MCP, MCITP, HP and/or IBM Hardware certifications, Printer Repair Certifications
NTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a Drug-Free Workplace.