Glimmerglass Optical Cyber Solutions revolutionizes the derivation of information from optical and high capacity electronic signals. We develop and integrate cyber security solutions with unprecedented reduction in latency and highest Big Data analytics performance. Join us in delivering optical cyber solutions to our global customers in Cyber Security, Cyber Defense, and Telecommunications
Did you ever want to separate the forest from the trees, maybe expect finding a gold nugget should not require all that digging?
We are seeking a highly skilled senior software engineer to join our advanced analytics team. If you enjoy and have knowledge building highly efficient, scalable, networking applications, and like digging into network protocols, this is a great opportunity
Responsible for design and development of large scale data systems. Must be able to understand diverse customer requirements, translate those requirements into system designs, and then code those designs while maintaining a high level of quality. Optionally required to understand the consequences of the combination of data, analysis methods and results in order to communication expectations.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Able to interact well with fellow engineers
- Capable of clearly communicating and negotiating technical issues with an internationally diverse and dynamic team
- The ability to follow standard software engineering processes individually and as a team and meet objectives to accomplish goals
- Expertise with software development on Linux
- Exceptional technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
- Exceptional skill in Java, Perl/Python, R
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively in a timely and professional manner with a variety of internal and external personnel in multiple channels including email, database, documentation, instant messaging, telephone, written correspondence, and in person
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in software development on Linux
- Excellent software development skills, coding and debugging skills, design for testability.
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with open source software, tools, and networking technologies.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, data analysis automated categorization, recommendation systems, annotations and measuring data driven results.