Our Mobile Device Security team is searching for a Sr. Embedded Systems Security Engineer who will serve as a technical engineering subject matter expert in embedded systems security to be utilized primarily for mobile device security products and services development functions and tasks. The focus will be on developing, analyzing, and evaluating technologies for secure embedded systems at various levels: hardware and software architecture, systems, subsystems, components, and interface. The selected candidate will work as part of a team to conduct research and development in the areas of security, hacking, and information assurance of embedded systems to stay ahead of the industry trends. The ideal candidate will thrive in a small focused group environment, doing both collaborative and solo work participating in all phases of technical solution development, architecture & analysis, and where clear interpersonal communication and solid technical writing andpresentation are required
- Perform mobile device security assessments across various products, platforms, and services from hardware and software architecture, systems, subsystems, components, and interface levels
- Assist in ensuring maximum security per expectations is delivered on all products at Lab Entry
- Work closely will all handset manufacturers to provide verification of TF security requirements
- Identify and help fix issues of concern during product and services development via effective collaboration with multiple teams
- Report on strengths and vulnerabilities of security feature(s)/solution(s)
- Provide alternate designs for security feature(s)/solution(s)
- Review and define TF mobile device security requirements
- Work closely with mobile device security engineering testing teams to ensure test plans are in accordance with security requirements
- Sync with mobile device security engineering testing teams to ensure relevant findings via testing and/or hacking are properly analyzed and incorporated
- Handle technical account management duties with handset manufacturers
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support to internal (Mobile Device Security, Product Development Group, etc.) and external (handset manufacturers, chipset vendors, etc) parties
- Handle the rapidly increasing complexity of platforms & technologies
- Participate as the mobile device security technical expert in departmental and company projects/initiatives
- Work on improving/developing security solutions and services
- Maintain expert knowledge in the field of mobile security & hacking and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services via extensive research and collaboration
- Provide technical white papers and presentations as a result of research & development efforts
- Provide training to MDS team internally on new platforms and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Master’s Degree is a plus.
5 or more years experience required in:
- Hands on experience working in an embedded system environment
- Must have utilized excellent embedded systems architecture understanding to perform a detailed analysis of software and hardware features in order to secure mobile and/or embedded devices.
- Security analysis with an emphasis in any of the following areas: vulnerability assessment, static/dynamic code analysis, fuzzing, penetration testing, cryptography algorithms and implementation or security research
- Devising hacking scenarios in context of latest industry hacking trends to expose security flaws in an embedded systems environment.
- Hands on experience with software development in an embedded environment with a focus in any of the following areas: kernel driver, hardware-software interface, application development, testing & troubleshooting in C, C++, Objective C, or Java
- Hands on experience with technical requirements gathering, verification/validation planning, compliance assessment and reporting.
- Working with test plans to ensure they are in compliance with requirements.
- Feasibility analysis and risk assessment of proposed solutions/fixes in an embedded system environment.
- Working multiple stake holders and cross-functional teams in order to conduct security reviews, technical presentations and workshops.
- Conducting research and development activities in order to further company and departmental initiatives